Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Angels and Airwaves Band • Page 15

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by skurt, Apr 5, 2016.

1. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

Highkey looking forward to the tour (if it happens) because I was so young when they stopped playing shows, but what would that even look like in 2019? What would the setlist be? They have an album & 2 EPs of untoured material & what type of bands could open for them? Pop-punk bands? Indie bands? Soundcloud Rappers? No one?

2. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

I still have no faith in this tour happening.

3. Donnie gets it

skurt, beachdude and Donnie Ruth like this.
  4. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

I be more skeptical if Tom hasn't been giving a consistent timeframe for this tour since last year. He has ADHD & is kind of a scatter-brain, but I don't think he'd lie about something as simple as a tour that's already been booked.

5. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

You have a point if we were talking about nearly any musician, however, the amount of times Tom has given us a date on something to be released/happen and then failed to deliver leads me to having no faith in literally anything he says.

David Parke, skurt and TheJMan like this.
  6. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

Remember when we were supposed to get that WDNTW acoustic album for its 10 year then it turned 11 and we got a 4 song ep instead. Time frames mean nothing with this guy.

7. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Remember when he said Ratpac gave him a 100 million dollar budget to produce a movie?

He literally will just say shit.

David Parke, skurt and beachdude like this.
  8. skurt

Remember when Eddie Breckenridge joined AvA for 2 promo photos.

9. Man, my people out in full force in here today.
    [​IMG]

Donnie Ruth, skurt and beachdude like this.
  10. Darth Amory

Sith Lord.

I miss when Tom gave a shit about AvA, alone. I-Empire was the shit.

11. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

It's such a shame that the lead singer of AvA also happens to be the only man on earth with the knowledge and power to uncover the secrets of the alien visits to our planet

Cause damn a new AvA album would be sweet.

coleslawed, beachdude and Linton9488 like this.
  12. DesolateEarth

Birb

What if the next AVA record is never released to us Earthlings and instead is sent out into space so that the aliens can hear it exclusively?????

I would not put this past Tom.

sonder, beachdude and David Parke like this.
  13. “It TOTALLY exists you guys and I’m the only one that can get it back — IF you invest in my technology company!”
    [​IMG]

14. skurt

Angels and Airwaves-Strange Times album, releasing April 9th exclusively on mars.

beachdude and David Parke like this.
  15. Preserved Moose

Amateur Hour

If they did this then their first mistake would be not calling it To The Mars.

16. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Pretty sure when I was in high school like 10 years ago I bought an AVA shirt which had an alien, Richard Nixon, and maybe elvis on it? I have no idea if this really happened or if I drunkenly dreamed this?

Either way, I want my money back.

coleslawed, sonder and beachdude like this.
  17. [​IMG]

18. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

9F84E5D4-12B2-4233-9E58-B68FD2CB01D0.jpeg

I’m still skeptical on all of it. I will be until I’m literally physically at the show lol.

As for the “album”: I want to see if he will release a full length album, where the sole purpose of the album is to release music. Because in my head “new album this year” means 4-5 song EP called Strange Times sold in an $80 bundle with a new book, t-shirt, and coffee mug.

19. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

Tom seems to be sharing photos from the different "eras" of the band, in order.
    Wonder if it will end with an announcement for the new album/ep/song/30 second clip.

beachdude and David Parke like this.
  20. That seems to make sense. Almost too much sense for it to actually be the case for Tom. I’d be glad to eat my words, though.

beachdude and quietwords like this.
  21. broken22

(:

I don't care about getting an album, I just wanna see AVA live.

22. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Tom is probably waiting for the new blink single before announcing tour dates

David Parke likes this.
  23. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

probably waiting until May when the tv show starts to kind of promote everything. Makes sense. And blinks album will hit right around then,

24. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

Why y’all talking about blink in the AVA thread?!?!

David Parke and Preserved Moose like this.
  25. Lepi182

Trusted Supporter

So based on the schedule he seems to be using for posting these "era" pictures, I think the earliest we will see an album announcement is April 17, 18, or 19.

David Parke and Daniel182 like this.