Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Angels and Airwaves Band • Page 13

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by skurt, Apr 5, 2016.

1. drummerAVA

Trusted

I gave up on trying to understand what Tom's trying to say half the time lol, I just know I like the music...

beachdude and Kuri44 like this.
  2. broken22

(:

I'm completely on board going to see AVA in 2019. Honestly it fits more of my taste these days than Blink.

3. Preserved Moose

Amateur Hour

I don't care about live shows but I'm more interested in new AVA than new stuff from the current blink.

beachdude likes this.
  4. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

I don’t even know if I could take a live AVA show seriously anymore. AVA was my first live show and it was certainly awesome at the time.

However, he hasn’t played an AVA show since September of 2012 (and has NO band at the moment). He hasn’t played a live show since what October of 2015? Nearly will be close to 4 years by the time the tour would even happen?

He’s always been terrible live, but now playing live music isn’t in his routine and he’s only getting older and older. That mixed with the joke and meme he’s become...yikes.

I’d still probably go since AVA and blink was my thing for my entire youth and growing up. I just have poor expectations lol.

sonder likes this.
  5. TheJMan

Trusted

Tom hasn't played a live show since October of 2014, which is kind of crazy when you think about it but then again like you said he hasn't been a in real band since then either.

I don't think I'd go to an AVA show if one came around. I went to one during the Love Part 1 tour, thought it was fine but really haven't listened to any AVA albums since Dream Walker came out. I will listen to the new album but not expecting myself to like it much just because AVA doesn't really interest me anymore unfortunately.

6. manoverboard365

Trusted

You guys keep bringing up him not playing a show since 2014 as a bad thing.......I see it as a good thing. His voice went to shit and he became a bore on stage probably because he was burnt out. His voice has had 5 years to rest, with the right amount of time for rehearsals they could sound decent again.

Blink182Bouncer and David Parke like this.
  7. TheJMan

Trusted

It could be a good thing he's had 5 years off to rest his voice/body or it could be that he's 5 years older and doesn't have the stamina he used to anymore and it's more of the same old Tom, or worse. I wouldn't expect him to be bouncing around the stage like it's 2001 though, but I don't think anyone is either. I guess we'll see.

8. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

I feel like if it was someone who had singing talent with great vocal ability, the rest may help.

But a 43 year old guy who isn’t necessarily a great vocalist to begin with, away from music and doing that routine for a significant amount of years may not lead to a big comeback and performance...when his performance has never been considered “strong.”

I’m also always negative regarding things Tom so I’ll never give him any benefit of the doubt, lol.

sonder likes this.
  9. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

It’s crazy to me how a group of guys who are pretty mediocre at their instruments and singing became one of my favorite bands. That’s the power of songwriting

David Parke likes this.
  10. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

You definitely aren’t wrong haha. blink was my favorite band for my entire childhood and teenage years. I would never argue they are musically “incredible” but their songs did more for me than any other band did (...until I heard the 59’ Sound).

sonder and ZooZooChaCha like this.
  11. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

Listened to The Dream Walker today and it still kicks butt imo.

12. Hell yeah

Rowan5215 likes this.
  13. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

Dream Walker and Chasing Shadows slap every single day, though I'm still pissed that he changed the Wolfpack from the demo #1 version. that was his best song since Blink

BackyardHero11 likes this.
  14. BackyardHero11

Trusted

been listening to Dream Walker (regular and demos), Chasing Shadows, Of Nightmares, and Phantom Break Pedal or whatever it is haha. definitely a few things on the demos I'm like man why did they drop that??

Rowan5215 likes this.
  15. I can’t make it thru those demos. Too many versions of the same song back to back. I feel there was probably a better way to roll that out. People say there’s good stuff on there but I just can’t

16. BackyardHero11

Trusted

I throw it in a shuffle with other albums, that helps

David Parke likes this.
  17. Kuri44

18. Lepi182

Trusted Supporter

beachdude, David Parke and Kuri44 like this.
  19. felipecardel

formless in the night Prestigious

always get those "don't @ me i'm just a hired gun" vibes from ilan whenever he talks about tom or AVA heh

20. jackyjackyjack

Regular

Uh-oh, there's no Matt in that picture

21. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

We are lucky to see more than just Tom and Aaron Rubin in this photo.

Getting Ilan is critical if he’s planning to do a full length...since Ilan wrote all of The Dream Walker. David being there...very surprising.

I have zero expectations this will be good.

David Parke and beachdude like this.
  22. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Honestly didn’t think Tom would be coming back to music at all at this point lol

23. D_Ream84

Regular

Ilan never writes ALL of the dream Walker... he had a lot of input, and played and helped Tom discover a new way of playing... but never wrote ALL of that record

24. Donnie Ruth Feb 13, 2019
    (Last edited: Feb 13, 2019)
    Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

It was exaggerated sarcasm. We all know Tom had input on that album.

25. Horrorca

Trusted

I will remain positive - we have nothing to lose and maybe something to win out of this