Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Angels and Airwaves Band • Page 12

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by skurt, Apr 5, 2016.

1. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Their very first tour with the original lineup was pretty great, not sure what 2019 AVA would sound like though :/

2. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

I have a guess

duermete likes this.
  3. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

There still is demand for them, maybe even more so now that it's been a while. I could see them playing mid-sized theaters like they did in 2009. Seeing Tom live is always a fun time so I'm definitely keen on seeing them again.

4. D_Ream84

Regular

If Tom comes back touring and promoting AvA’s new record, I think there will be very high demand and they may just sell out pretty quick! I’ll defiantleu be going to see them! Blink was a huge let down when I went to see them in Liverpool, so I can imagine AvA’s shows will be much better.

5. irthesteve

Yeah, current Blink hasn't great live either

6. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

I'd say House of Blues type venues. Can't imagine anything bigger, unless it's a coheadliner.

7. manoverboard365

Trusted

I think the venue sizes will all depend on how they push this next album. If Tom would just let go of his ego and let AVA sign back to a label, I think they could end up doing like 2k venues.
    They may have lost steam, but it's still Tom Delonge, and it's a project of his that hasn't played a show since 2012. People will come.

8. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

I would defiently go. Havent seen AVA since I Empire days. And I wouldn't care if there were 5 people there or a thousand. I still enjoy Toms stuff more than Blink. Guy gets so much hate for doing what he wants to do.

SaveTheEarth and manoverboard365 like this.
  9. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

I'd totally see AVA. The Love tour was truly awesome and a full package show. I honestly couldn't believe how good Tom sounded, because I (realistically) went in expecting the worst.

beachdude and Larry David like this.
  10. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

I’m more interested in AVA show than I am a blink show at this point even though it probably won’t be very good

11. irthesteve

I agree with both parts of that statement

beachdude and chewbacca110 like this.
  12. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

AVA have always sounded better in the winter to me. I really hope the tour pans out because I'd love to see a full headline set. Only time I've seen them before was the last couple songs of their '08 Warped Tour set.

13. Kuri44

14. beachdude, sonder and Kuri44 like this.
  15. TheJMan

Trusted

I read the post quickly and thought he was partnering up with Taking Back Sunday to work on the series so you're not alone.

David Parke likes this.
  16. Just revisited the Chasing Shadows EP for the first time in idk how long, probably since the release, and not only is it solid, “Chasing Shadows” is maybe the best Angels/ Tom song since Love pt 1 - even WITH the “wicker basket” line. More *that* and less The Dream Walker, please and thank you.

17. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

But The Dream Walker is by far the best AVA

chewbacca110, beachdude and duermete like this.
  18. ...From a certain point of view. ;)

19. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I still put I-Empire as my number 1. But Dream Walker is the shit! Love that album.

20. duermete

Long Lost Ceiling

WDNTW is by far the best AVA album in my opinion

21. That album did not age well at all.

I-Empire and Dream Walker are the best.

22. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

For me, WDNTW was everything when it came out. Gave me goosebumps and felt so special as a whole. But over the years it didn't hold up great and I Empire was a step down. I lost interest by the time Love came out. I had it, spun it twice and said it was garbage. Never even listened to Love 2. But then the day The Dream Walker came out I was bored so gave it a spun after basically writing this band off. I couldn't believe how good it was. It felt special again. I played the hell out of that record. It even got me interested in revisiting Love and Love. 2 albums I now enjoy a lot. The one problem is both Love albums sound exactly the same. WDNTW and I Empire haven't held up great still, but The Adventure is still epic. The Chasing Shadows EP and Of Nightmares EP are terrific. I'm really excited for new material.

23. jordanjohnson09

Regular

only like 3 songs from i-empire held up for me the last time i listened to it

24. manoverboard365

Trusted

The Dream Walker would probably be their best album if it wasn't for the shitty production. I can't listen to songs like Paralyzed or The Wolfpack because it just gets so fuzzy and distorted at points.

Chasing Shadows was great though.

25. Kuri44

The Dream Walker is very weird for me. I like it, but it’s the hardest AVA album to relate to cause I truly have no fucking idea what the hell hes talking about in those songs/what the meaning of them are. It is the only AVA album I have on vinyl though

chewbacca110 and drummerAVA like this.