Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Angels and Airwaves Band • Page 11

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by skurt, Apr 5, 2016.

1. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

When I saw them it was absolutely great. BUT. It was also my first ever show. And I was obsessed with Tom back then. And it was like 10 years ago?

Nowadays I would probably just laugh at him trying to sing and perform.

2. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Same! That was peak live AVA and IS wear that Tom was in key for most of the show. Hard to believe, I know.

3. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

I remember during the hiatus Mark saying in an interview that some of the songs on We Don't Need to Whisper are things that Tom was planning for the follow-up to Untitled. Has it ever been determined which songs those would have been?

I imagine It Hurts had to be one of them. Could also see Distraction and The War being a Blink track as well.

4. Kuri44

yeah I’m not sure which songs exactly, but I remember mark saying that there were a few pieces he recognized but then they would go in a totally different direction.

I can definitely see It Hurts being one of them.

5. The outro of Valkyrie missile if not the whole thing HAS to have been for blink. It’s SO GOOD and maybe the greatest moment on any Tom record for me

6. TheJMan

Trusted

I want to say I remember Tom playing The War guitar riffs in a video while they were recording the Untitled album but I’m not 100%.

7. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Not sure if y’all saw but according to Tom’s latest Instagram AVA has already booked a tour in 2019. He wrote it in the comments. A person who went to his book signing also asked about AVA touring and Tom told him next summer.

Just in case you wanted, he also nonchalantly let us know he is still trying to change the world.

I literally don’t believe him so much that IF AVA played a show near me, I would be nervous to buy a ticket cause it’d probably be a trick for me to give him more money to build his spaceship...and no show.

sonder, David Parke and SaveTheEarth like this.
  8. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

I’m willing to bet anyone here that if Tom actually books a tour that it gets cancelled due to poor ticket sales

David Parke likes this.
  9. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Don't speak ill upon my tour

10. manoverboard365

Trusted

I dunno, AVA has some loyal fans.....plus they got a whole booking/promoting team tasked with gauging their demand in every market. I'm sure they'll just play it safe and do like 1500 capacity venues and just add 2nd nights if it sells better than they anticipated.
    You know I'll for sure be there lol

David Parke and Kuri44 like this.
  11. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I would honestly go if they announced a tour

12. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

I’m very curious how it’ll do. Personally I think it’ll do fine enough to not cancel. I mean, I’ll go. I hate the guy at this moment BUT I really, really enjoyed AVA’s first 3 albums.

But still, at this point I feel like I’d go just to laugh at him. He definitely can’t still perform and he will be wicked awkward on stage. He doesn’t even friggen have a band at this point.

David Parke likes this.
  13. I just can’t wait to see what size venues they’ll be playing

David Parke likes this.
  14. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

My guess is House of Blues sized venues. Just pretty much the kind of venues that NFG, Say Anything, Circa Survive usually play. My guess.

15. Lepi182

Trusted Supporter

Tour in the Summer. I'll take it with a grain of salt.

David Parke likes this.
  16. felipecardel

formless in the night Prestigious

$50 on them/him not touring in the summer

17. DesolateEarth

Birb

So I havent really been paying attention. How many of his million + projects that he has been blustering about the past few years has he actually ended up doing?

18. I just want to see what size venues they play/fill up/don’t fill up

19. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

0 cap venues as it wont actually happen.

20. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Well he's come out with a bunch of books, so that's somethin'. Then there was supposed to be some alien film, that we kind of saw a preview for, but haven't heard anything more on that. Then a while back there was that To The Stars academy/investor thing, which nobody has heard about in a while either. So who knows.

21. btr

Trusted Supporter

I remember someone in the music world saying they had a tour booked a couple years ago but it fell through. They never mentioned how big the rooms were going to be and honestly I have no idea what to even guess.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  22. skurt

Then there was a childrens book about not knowing where your clothes are

beachdude and Onlyadirector like this.
  23. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Do we think more than 4 people bought that?

24. skurt

Do we have confirmation that he sold even 4?

beachdude and Donnie Ruth like this.
  25. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

They'd be able to play 1500 cap rooms max. Probably wouldn't sell out most of them

I'd honestly strongly consider going though, never got to see AVA