Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Angels and Airwaves Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by skurt, Apr 5, 2016.

1. skurt Apr 5, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 5, 2016)
    skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

Angels & Airwaves is an American supergroup, currently featuring Tom DeLonge (guitarist, keyboardist and vocalist) and Ilan Rubin (drummer, keyboardist, guitarist, bassist and backing vocalist)

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  2. skurt

Discuss anything Angels and Airwaves related whether it be film, music or other Tom Delonge projects which AVA is associated with.

What are your thoughts on the Chasing Shadows EP released today and are you going to check out the related novel and documentary?

3. manoverboard365

Trusted

Anyone know where I can listen to the new ep?

4. skurt

5. manoverboard365

Trusted

Awesome thanks!

6. skurt

Of Nightmares... and Chasing Shadows EPs are my favourite AVA releases since i-Empire. I think they should stick to the 4-song EP thing for awhile because Tom has always been so Quantity-over-Quality recently I feel the reduced track amount makes for less filler and less rushed.

7. MarceloFP

I am a haunted house. I'm superstitious.

I liked the EP. Nothing stands out a lot, but the songs have good melodies and I like listening to Angels having a more 'organic' approach. Less synths and keyboards, more drums and guitars. They do sound more like a rock band since Ilan joined the band.

8. manoverboard365

Trusted

Glad he's kinda ditching the synths, but this EP still isnt doing much for me. The first two tracks were enjoyable, but I dont have an urge to go back and re-listen to them. And that last track had me cringing at times.

9. MarceloFP

I am a haunted house. I'm superstitious.

I have the exact same feeling after listening to it a couple of times.

10. Yeeeeeeah not diggin anything at all on this EP

11. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I enjoyed "...of Nightmares" a fair amount, but this new one is pretty bad

12. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

not really into this at all. a shame bc at least half of the dream walker was some of his best work ever.

Dirty Sanchez and beachdude42 like this.
  13. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

So are David Kennedy and Eddie Breckinridge really not involved in any way anymore? I've always been unclear about that.

14. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Also did it end amicably with David or not well? It seems like him and Tom were close for a very long time.

15. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

revisited "mercenaries" just now, jesus christ what a fucking great song

16. tdlyon Apr 5, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 5, 2016)
    tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Wow, I really like Overload. I'll give the whole thing a listen

EDIT: Okay, I really liked every song on this. Did not think I would be impressed by anything Tom ever did again but I might actually buy this

17. YahWeWoo

Well, Tom is STILL one of the best in delivering epic, romantic, and amazing tunes. Love all the songs on the EP.

18. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah, definitely not. I think Ed was only there for the one photo Tom took and then the music video for a Dream Walker song.

19. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

I just gave the Ep a shot and I gotta say I'm not a fan. The vocals kill me, ugh.

20. KimmyGibbler

Everywhere you look... Prestigious

I have always and will always have a soft spot for Tom. I've always liked AvA. Just got through this EP and it is by far his weakest effort.

21. Tnk.182

It's not that bad! Like it more than of nightmares

22. Peachfuzz

I'll be with you the whole way.

Overall this EP is okay. Not great, but not that bad at all. Overload has a very good chorus!
    Unfortunately, I think these three latest releases (TDW, Of Nightmares... and Chasing Shadows) are 70% Delonge, 30% Rubin.

23. I'm unclear on that as well. Did Eddie even do ANYTHING with the band after they announced he was in the band?

24. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Band photo and music video. That's it.

Someone asked him in 2014 on Instagram if he helped with TDW and he was like: "no, but it would have been cool!"

Then I saw him ask him about A&A on Instagram the other day and he was like: "I don't know whats going on with them, but luckily I have many other awesome musical things going on in my life"

(just paraphrasing here)

okay, found one of the quotes

"
    • daxterHey Ed. Are you still in AVA?
    • thewoodenlung@daxter5150 not much going on with them... I'm not sure honestly. Luckily I've got a lot of other amazing music going on now!

bradsonemanband likes this.
  25. skurt

He appeared in one promo photo and in the one music video off The Dream Walker, I believe it was for "Tunnels".