Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Angels and Airwaves Release New Song and Announce Tour

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 30, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Angels and Airwaves have released the new song “Rebel Girl” and announced a new tour.

09/04 – Phoenix, AZ @ Marquee Theatre
    09/06 – Austin, TX @ Emo’s
    09/07 – Dallas, TX @ House of Blues
    09/09 – Atlanta, GA @ The Masquerade
    09/10 – Orlando, FL @ House of Blues
    09/11 – Charlotte, NC @ The Fillmore
    09/13 – Silver Spring, MD @ The Fillmore
    09/14 – Philadelphia, PA @ The Fillmore
    09/15 – Boston, MA @ Paradise Rock Club
    09/17 – New York, NY @ PlayStation Theater
    09/18 – Cleveland, OH @ House of Blues
    09/20 – Detroit, MI @ Saint Andrews Hall
    09/21 – Chicago, IL @ House of Blues
    09/22 – St. Louis, MO 2 The Pageant
    09/24 – Denver, CO @ Summit
    09/25 – Salt Lake City, UT @ The Union
    09/27 – Seattle, WA @ Showbox SoDo
    09/28 – Portland, OR @ Roseland Theater
    09/30 – San Francisco, CA @ The Regency Ballroom
    10/01 – Los Angeles, CA @ The Belasco Theater
    10/02 – Anaheim, CA @ House of Blues
    10/04 – Las Vegas, NV @ House of Blues
    10/05 – San Diego, CA @ House of Blues

It’s been seven years since multi-platinum rock band ANGELS & AIRWAVES have played live and three years since they’ve released new music. The waiting ends with today’s announcement of a much-anticipated tour and the release of new track “Rebel Girl” (Rise/BMG) – click HERE to listen.
    “Rebel Girl” is the lead track from an upcoming Angels & Airwaves album and feature film project. It’s the band’s first new music since 2016’s Chasing Shadows EP.

“Rebel Girl is a space-age love song that combines my enduring obsession for New Wave, pop punk and anthemic rock and roll music,” says lead vocalist/guitarist Tom DeLonge. “As some of you might’ve heard, I recently took a brief minute to start up an aerospace company, so you never know – I may play this song from a satellite deep in space, beamed toward everyone’s house viciously on repeat.”

ANGELS & AIRWAVES (DeLonge, guitarist David Kennedy and drummer Ilan Rubin) will perform “Rebel Girl” live on September 4th when they kick off a long-awaited North American headline tour with a show at the Marquee Theatre in Phoenix, AZ (the band will be joined on tour by bassist Matt Rubano). The show will take place almost seven years to the day of their last performance, which was September 2, 2012 in Bologna, Italy.

Pre-sale tickets are available for Citi card members now thru May 2 at 10pm local time via Citi’s Private Pass program. For complete pre-sale details, please visit www.citiprivatepass.com. Tickets go on sale to the general public this Friday, May 3, at 12pm local time. For additional ticket information, including VIP packages offering meet & greets and photo opps, please visit www.angelsandairwaves.com.

DeLonge, a founding member of seminal pop punk band Blink-182, formed Angels & Airwaves in 2005. A year later came debut album We Don’t Need To Whisper, which hit No. 4 on The Billboard 200 and featured Top 5 modern rock hit “The Adventure.” 2007’s I-Empire followed, hitting No. 9 on The Billboard 200 and featured rock radio hit “Everything’s Magic.” In 2010, AVA released Love and a year later, Love: Part Two accompanied by a critically acclaimed film, Love, which was shown in 460 theaters nationwide during a one-night film screening and live-streamed concert event titled Love Live. The band’s last full-length album was 2014’s The Dream Walker, which hit No. 1 on iTunes and No. 5 on Billboard’s Top Alternative Albums chart. A multimedia project, the album was accompanied by a graphic novel, comic books and a Blade Runner-meets Harry Potter short film, which won Best Animation at the Toronto International Short Film Festival.

In addition to his work with ANGELS & AIRWAVES, DeLonge created To The Stars, a multimedia entertainment company that creates original content across music, film, television, and publishing. To The Stars’ content plays an essential role DeLonge’s To The Stars Academy of Arts & Science, a think tank of artists, scientists, intelligence officers and technology experts that explore, engineer and educate the public about unexplained scientific phenomena. DeLonge currently has a television series (“Strange Times”) in development at TBS and is executive-producing a 6 part docu-series on The History Channel titled “Unidentified: Inside America’s UFO Investigation.” He’ll be composing music for both.

“After my kids, music has and will always be the most important thing in my life,” says DeLonge. “It’s given me everything – every opportunity and every relationship I have. There is no stronger art form than rock ‘n’ roll to deliver a galvanizing message and at the end of the day, change lives.”

44DeLonge likes this.
  2. @CSWAPPO so I guess we're going to see them?

Raku, BTDandFeelingThis and CSWAPPO like this.
  3. johnthegawd

@theinsideoutband

Matt rubano in the mix, i like that.

4. daldalian

hopelessly yours, Alabama

Real talk - what did AVA do that went multi-platinum? A cursory Google search doesn't find anything about that.

David Parke and smowashere like this.
  5. CSWAPPO

Regular

6. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

It’s pretty OK!

CSWAPPO likes this.
  7. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

They must be considering all sales of all albums to come up with that. None of their albums individually have made it to platinum status.

David Parke likes this.
  8. AFAIK: Whisper is the only one that went Gold.

9. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

Interestingly, RIAA only shows We Don’t Need to Whisper as Gold. Not sure if in other countries any Angels albums went platinum, or it’s counting blink.

10. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Listening to The Dream Walker right now and it's probably their best record in my opinion (this is coming from someone who dislikes a majority of AVA's songs).

Tracks like Mercenaries, Bullets in the Wind, The Wolfpack, Paralyzed, and Teenagers & Rituals are all A+. Hoping this new record stays on that course.

thrilliam, john343 and falconate like this.
  11. The beginning of this song, where the vocals start, made me laugh out loud oh my god. I do like the sound of this song though. Even if the lyrics are.. well..

somethingliketj likes this.
  12. AsfAstAswegofar

Regular

Sounds exactly like everything AVA has ever done post WDNTW

BTDandFeelingThis likes this.
  13. falconate

Open your closed mind. Prestigious

Dream Walker is the only album of theirs I can return to without cringing. Judging by the straightforward and punchy nature of this song I'd say it's a good bet this album will follow suit.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  14. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

10000000% agree.

Christian Romero likes this.
  15. I never listened to dream walker until today and it’s really good!

16. reachingfor

Regular Supporter

Did you see the short film that went along with Dream Walker? The music goes along perfectly with the visuals.

44DeLonge and mattylikesfilms like this.
  17. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Nope but I will have to check it out!

44DeLonge likes this.
  18. reachingfor

Regular Supporter

mattylikesfilms and 44DeLonge like this.
  19. johnthegawd

@theinsideoutband

Not surprised that im not liking this at all. The cringe lyrics are worse than theyve ever been. Tom should not be allowed to sing about (little) girls anymore, its too fucking weird. But im guessing this is melodically stale because tom started the album by himself and im guessing he brought in ilan and david once the cringe foundations had already been laid. Ilans songwriting contributions were immediately heard on every track of TDW, but not here IMO (other than drums). Hopefully im wrong and theyve got some surprises up their sleeves with the rest of the album. Prob not tho.

BTDandFeelingThis likes this.
  20. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

21. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

In for Boston

22. Darth Amory

Sith Lord.

I think Tom has good songwriting direction but has gotten all the angst out of him. He is basically just having fun with space sounds and they peaked with I-Empire and Love.

Brent likes this.
  23. AsfAstAswegofar

Regular

I mean WDNTW was good and The Dream Walker was their best effort since then. I made a harsh statement earlier, this song is insanely catchy.