Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Angels and Airwaves Release ‘Chasing Shadows’ EP • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 4, 2016.

1. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

I was just about to post that.

Lol.

skurt likes this.
  2. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  3. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

'It showed up in my box hole' is pretty funny.

skurt likes this.
  4. skurt

Haha

How old is the person who wrote that "review". I mean he only talked about 1 of the songs.
    Googled "box hole" and got this as the top link: Urban Dictionary: Box Hole Duty

5. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

It sounds like he only heard that song and thats the first song by Tom he has heard in over 10 years it seems.

6. WetwithSharp Apr 5, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 5, 2016)
    WetwithSharp

and a little jingle...

This is better than it should be haha. Why does this feel more cohesive than anything else he's done in years? What the hell. Maybe he's actually feeling a little pressure to step up his game since Blink's on the horizon. I'm not blown away, but definitely better than I was expecting. The last track kind of kills it for me, it's really bad imo compared to the rest....it sounds the most-like a generic AvA song to me.

Raku likes this.
  7. alexstolar

Just The Worst

I want to like AVA, but Tom takes himself so seriously and I don't think the material usually is worthy of that attention.

Raku likes this.
  8. Nick Martin

There are no answers. Only choices.

I agree with other comments posted thus far. The first track is fairly enjoyable, and while the rest aren't bad, they aren't great. I see myself listening to this a few more times and moving on to other things.

9. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

"17 yurs old, bouncing on moi bed, pla-ying the most gorguhs air guitar Oi can afford on moi saluhry of gum wrappers and discount ciguhrettes"

10. fran.182

Regular Prestigious

Some good moments, but I don't think I will remember it even exists in a couple weeks.

Is it just me or the first two AVA records sound dramatically better than any other release after those? (Production wise.)

Dirty Sanchez and skurt like this.
  11. skurt

I definitely agree with you man. LOVE 1 & 2 are practically unlistenable to me, Dream walker and the EPs are OK at best. The first 2 records are the only AVA stuff I actually spin on a "regular" basis.

12. chickenlover

Said I'm okay, but I know how to lie.

Honestly, after a couple listens... I really really like this.
    First decent release since LOVE.

skurt, bruh and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  13. reesy

Voyager is a tune!

14. bruh

Regular

Overload is so rad. I feel like it could have been a solid blink tune.

15. EntryLevelTank

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

Coming back to this. It's probably one of the better things they've done in recent history.