Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Angels and Airwaves – “Euphoria” Video

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 20, 2021.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Angels and Airwaves have shared a video for “Euphoria.”

Multi-Platinum rock band Angels & Airwaves return with the searing new single “Euphoria.” Bristling with incendiary guitars, explosive drums and spacey electronic elements, the infectious track captures the allure of an edgy romance. Download / streamHERE. To launch the single, the band activated Project Dreamland, which disseminated cassette players, tapes and evidence files to a number of fans, enabling them to unlock the countdown to today’s release of “Euphoria” via Rise Records/BMG.

The provocative official video for “Euphoria” was unveiled today in a YouTube Premiere. Angels & Airwaves’ Tom DeLonge directed, weaving a tale of intrigue complete with a femme fatale, her lover, a mysterious motorcyclist, Area 51 intelligence and a tour de force performance by the band.

Watch it HERE.

“In a music world that seems to be absent guitars, angst, and emotional authenticity, I felt it was important to lead with a song that mirrors the post-hardcore days of my youth, where the power of the music creates that feeling we once had as teenagers, where we wanted to break something and change the poisonous environment within our broken homes,” explains Tom DeLonge. “These emotions create us. This song shows the seductive nature of an intense love built with that baggage from our youth, from being born into an imperfect household.” 

As announced earlier today, Angels & Airwaves will perform at Lollapalooza 2021, which will take place in Chicago July 29 to August 1. The band will also play a pair of headline shows this fall – October 23 at New York City’s Hammerstein Ballroom and November 5 at The Hollywood Palladium in Los Angeles. The fan club ticket presale is underway now athttps://www.avaempireclub.com/. Tickets will go on sale to the public this Friday, May 21, at 12:00 PM local time. 

Angels & Airwaves (AVA) – comprising Tom DeLonge (lead vocals, guitar/synths), Ilan Rubin (drums/guitar/backing vocals/synths), David Kennedy (guitar) and Matt Rubano (bass) – wrote and produced “Euphoria” with Aaron Rubin. Rich Costey (Foo Fighters, Weezer) mixed the track, which marks the first new music from the band since “All That’s Left Is Love,” which was released in April 2020. Hailed as an “empowering anthem” by SPIN, the song conveyed a message of hope amid the pandemic. Continuing the band’s longstanding relationship with Feeding America, proceeds from “All That’s Left Is Love” were donated to the non-profit’s COVID-19 relief fund.

DeLonge, a founding member of Blink-182, formed Angels & Airwaves in 2005. The band has released five full-length albums and charted numerous hits, including “The Adventure,” “The War,” “Everything’s Magic” and “Rebel Girl.”The Dream Walker, released in 2014, hit No. 1 on iTunes and No. 5 onBillboard’s Top Alternative Albums chart. A multimedia project, the album was accompanied by a graphic novel, comic books and the short film Poet Anderson, co-directed by DeLonge, which won Best Animated Short Film at the Toronto International Short Film Festival.

In addition to his work with AVA, DeLonge created To The Stars, a multimedia entertainment company that creates original content across music, film, television and publishing. DeLonge served as executive producer of The History Channel series “Unidentified: Inside America’s UFO Investigation" and will make his feature film directorial debut with the forthcoming Monsters of California.
    more

Not all embedded content is displayed here. You can view the original to see embedded videos, tweets, etc.

2. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

I enjoyed it

3. SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

I like it, kinda different from their other singles.

Also, I guess I totally missed out when Matt Rubano became a member.

4. Framey

Newbie Supporter

Awesome song and video.

5. artbynickferran

nickferran.com

Actually really, really dig this song.

6. deflector

formerly pizzatime

Not super into it. But does Tom not play guitar live anymore or is this just for the video?

7. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

He's about 50/50 live.

8. Allthegiganticthings

Regular

That song kicks ass! Can’t wait to listen with some good headphones.

9. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

This song and video feels like it’s so many things crammed all together.

Brent likes this.
  10. thisisasong

Really wanted to like this. There are songs on Nine that are way better than this.

11. Allthegiganticthings

Regular

Nine by Blink? That’s a different band.

12. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

A good band.

13. Allthegiganticthings

Regular

Call the fire department there’s been a burn

I stand by my earlier comment! This song is really good. The chord progression in the chorus is sweet.

14. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I don’t know know where the burn was. I think Blink is still good, even if they switched things up a bit for Nine.

Song and video have so many good elements, but not enough to enjoy and breathing room to enjoy them. Sometimes you gotta hold back a bit to have a greater impact.