Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Angels & Airwaves - Lifeforms [September 24th, 2021]

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by pablowashere, Jun 6, 2021.

1. pablowashere Jun 6, 2021
    (Last edited: Jun 6, 2021)
    pablowashere

Regular

1. Timebomb

2. Euphoria

3. Spellbound

4. No More Guns

5. Losing My Mind

6. Automatic

7. Restless Souls

8. Rebel Girl

9. A Fire in a Nameless Town

10. Kiss & Tell

[​IMG]

Advances in technology have rapidly accelerated global abilities for contact, yet have had a reverse effect upon human connection. In this instance, contact and connection are not synonymous. Instead, the two act as polar opposites, and inversely affect one another. While our technological capability to contact grows, our ability to deeply connect decreases. These diminishing returns have resulted in a profoundly negative effect on our own self-worth, as we feel more empty than ever, even with our newfound abilities of unending access. We can now meticulously curate our own image, yet lose the ability to let anyone in deeper.

Love is different now. While our own personal algorithms may appear to be compatible, those algorithms do not account for the human variables that we all possess. We are left alone to deal with our own personal variables, and tend to not disclose them to the world.

So our new search, then, must be for beings devoid of these filters. We must reacquaint ourselves with our own original analog form, prioritize it over our digital self, and find tangible lifeforms that can connect with our own humanity. While technology has been able to effectively pinpoint our interests, it shall always fall short on providing us with robust and deep human connection. Such connection must be sought without technological interference in order to achieve the depth that our barren human souls seek.

ANGELS & AIRWAVES (Design by TNSN DVSN)

Attached Files:

2. prattsy

Regular

Terrible album artwork and Kiss & Tell being an album closer is strange. Would never have pegged that as an AVA closer

3. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

I thought we were getting 12 tracks in the end?

Yeah Kiss & Tell is definitely such a weird closure.

drummerAVA and Dog Fish like this.
  4. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

Where does this info come from

5. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

i like the art

6. BTDandFeelingThis

We were supposed to and it is. Something seems off about this info

7. pablowashere

Regular

One thing I've learned about random leaks of this nature over the years... they usually end up being true. I knew to trust Aaron over Tom. Aaron had the hard drive in front of him and said the album was 10 songs. When has Tom ever proven to be credible about upcoming releases?

8. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

So ready for this. September 24 is also my wedding. Going to be a great day!

9. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Cool to see the official details for the album, just always felt like it was a fictional “one day it’ll be here” lol

10. abear182

Regular

Daniel182 likes this.
  11. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

New song Restless Souls is out on Reddit for those who wanna listen early.

I like it, but the chorus is the exact melody of Dry Your Eyes/Everything’s Magic lol. I also didn’t pay attention to the lyrics yet on my first listen.

12. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

Actually kinda like this. The bridge is different than normal Tom stuff.

MRose24 and beachdude like this.
  13. Chcurry182

Trusted Supporter

I'm liking this more than expected. Went ahead and preordered the Brooklyn Vegan vinyl cause it looked awesome.

14. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

Is it crazy for me to think that this might actually be the best AVA album????

beachdude likes this.
  15. BTDandFeelingThis

16. razorburn

Trusted

Nope. It's shaping up that way for me too. I've enjoyed every song released so far.

beachdude likes this.
  17. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

Preordered. I don’t know if I want to listen to the new single since we basically have half the album at that point.

18. abear182

Regular

Love all the different vinyl variants. Disappointed with the T-Shirt designs tbh.

19. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

i like "restless souls" quite a bit

beachdude likes this.
  20. Ronald.

Trusted

This record is going to rip. This was the last show I saw before lockdown. Considering picking up tickets so this will be my first show post lockdown. Very much looking forward to hearing this whole album from front to back. Particularly excited for Time Bomb based on the short clips we have heard. It seems like Tom is more excited about music and the potential for this band than he has about anything since the LOVE movie release.

This is miles better than NINE imo. I actually think everything all blink members are doing outside of Blink is better than NINE. Still enjoy that record but currently, the parts are better than the sum of blink right now. Hyped for all of the music we have gotten recently, and fine for the next blink record to take some time. Also fine for Tom continuing on this journey of rediscovering his love for creating before there is ever more talk of him coming back to blink.

brad4846 and beachdude like this.
  21. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

ok yeah this song is fucking awesome

beachdude likes this.
  22. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

i think i said in the general ava thread that "kiss & tell" will be a rad closer; i just relistened to it and it will be a rad closer

beachdude and chewbacca110 like this.
  23. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

Yeah I think it’ll be a unique closer for them. Works in the same way Even If She Falls does for Neighborhoods I think.

beachdude and chewbacca110 like this.
  24. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Apt comparison. I dig them both as closers.

25. btr

Trusted Supporter

This will be fire flames

beachdude likes this.