Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Angels & Airwaves 2019 Tour • Page 6

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by Daniel182, Apr 29, 2019.

1. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

wow... they’re gone everywhere now. I just sold my other ticket at 7:25 this morning on StubHub after putting it up last night.

2. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

Looks like NYC has some resale tickets on sale through AXS for $75 + fees which...I know is kinda steep but not terrible for people who really want to go.

3. Tifoil

ñ

Anyone has an extra ticket for Chicago?

4. manoverboard365

Trusted

There's two openers on this tour, right?

Trying to estimate what time AVA goes on tonight.

5. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

I'd wager set times are likely 7:30, 8:20, 9:15-20 or something of that sort.

manoverboard365 likes this.
  6. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

If your show starts at 7:30, AVA will be on at 9:05 based on previous dates.

manoverboard365 likes this.
  7. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Well I’ll be damned, that was way better than I was expecting. It really goes a long way when a band is enjoying the hell out of the music they’re playing. And a great set list, even if it did start a little slow (first 3 songs)

8. drummerAVA

Trusted

Ready to get chills/emo to Diary when I see them again this Friday... Heading back to my hometown for the weekend and meeting up with the old crew for the show. Gonna be a NIGHT...

9. manoverboard365

Trusted

The show tonight was absolutely awesome. Tom's vocals sounded better than they have in a long time, the light show was really impressive for a club show, and the new singles & Dream Walker songs sounded mega live.

My only criticisms:
    -Do it For Me Now, despite being one of my favorite AVA songs, sounds really dull live.
    -No Valkyrie Missile or The War?! I'd assume those are 2 of their biggest songs.
    - I really could've done without Moon as My Witness and Breathe.

10. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

I'd definitely say songs from The Dreamwalker and on were my favorites from the Philly show. Kiss & Tell was the standout IMO.

11. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

Kiss With A Spell was beautiful last night.

drummerAVA and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  12. drummerAVA

Trusted

Flawless in Orlando as well... Tom smashed it.

NJPunkMusic likes this.
  13. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

Anyone interested in a tour poster? I grabbed an extra one. Cost was $20 at show and willing to sell for $35 to cover the $6-$10 UPS shipping and any fees. DM me.

14. Tifoil

ñ

Anyone have an extra ticket for Chicago today?

15. drummerAVA

Trusted

Hooooly shit guys... AVA in Detroit last night... they were upgraded to the Fillmore (which actually sold out) biggest night of the tour so far... The sound was on another level from last week’s show in Orlando... kind of expected, but the mix was perfect this time. Everything was HITTING.

Things got wild, crowd surfers going over throughout the set, just way higher energy than anything last week... I’m sore today lol. Show was absolutely insaneeee.

16. withchappedlips

#nothingiseasy

It was one of the coolest shows I’ve been to in ages. The crowd was so much fun even for deeper cuts and songs I wouldn’t have anticipated people knowing (Kiss with a Spell, Overload). And the new songs? They went the heck OFF. I haven’t seen them since WDNTW era, so being that close to the stage and getting to experience the fun that came with it was pretty amazing. It makes me wish there was another date in MI ASAP. Even if it was the same set, what a set it would be. The Wolfpack is such a jam!!!!

drummerAVA likes this.
  17. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

The new songs are fantastic live, both probably top7-10 of the night

18. drummerAVA

Trusted

That fuzzy riff in Paralyzed hits so hard... so massive.

19. Xpertguy5

Trusted

Was at LA last night. They cut out a few songs since Tom was sick, but he still sounded great. Would love to hear the full set and am hoping to find a ticket for next weeks show.

20. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

Theres still tickets available for the 2nd Anaheim show next week

21. Xpertguy5

Trusted

Ah okay. Will most likely be attending that one then.

22. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

Anaheim show tonight was solid. The lights and visuals were amazing. Tom was still clearly sick but he still gave a fantastic performance. Very glad I was able to go tonight.

...However, I’m growing rather weary of Tom’s toilet/immature humor. A lot of the banter he did for tonight almost killed the show for me. A lot of the things he said he could’ve done without... But that aside, the show was excellent

23. Daniel182

I don’t know what he said, but it seems that even he realizes he may have gone too far.

24. brendanmachow

not a doctor

Watching some of the live videos I've felt the same way about some of the banter.

I think with it being so long since he's performed, he's reverting to old habits. From what I remember he really didn't say much of the potty humor with Angels on the Love tour.

25. Daniel182

Yeah, there was almost none of it in AVA from around 2006-2010. After he rejoined blink, it started up again, and now that he does not have blink as an outlet, I think it's full force in present AVA.

AVA 2006 vs. AVA 2019 is a very different show experience haha.