Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Andrew W.K – “Babalon” Video

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Feb 17, 2021.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. theredline

Trusted Supporter

Cool tune. Looking forward to more!

3. tobytobes

Regular

A - This an Andrew W.K.-ass Andrew A.K. song and it's perfect.

B - Does anyone/everyone remember when there was a "conspiracy" that AWK was really someone else for a while? Or it's multiple actors playing him or something? I think I need to dig into that again, haha.

Allthegiganticthings likes this.
  4. BradBradley

Regular

Steev Mike, lol

5. Fox83 Feb 17, 2021
    (Last edited: Feb 17, 2021)
    Fox83

Trusted

Reminds me of Muse - and that's not a bad thing.

6. theredline

Trusted Supporter

That whole conspiracy is insane. I went down that rabbit hole a while back. There’s a ton there and it’s a lot!

7. Jackbo487

Regular

the "Who is Andrew W.K.?" rabbit hole is indeed deep, intense, and bewildering.

8. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

It sounds great but it’s not party enough for me.

I listened to “I Get Wet” more times than I can count this spring as the pandemic left me trapped. That album is dark too, but man, the energy and hooks are so bright, it’s impossible not to smile hearing it.

This just sounds like really good metal. Which is fine! It’s just not what I listen to him for.

theredline likes this.
  9. theredline

Trusted Supporter

I can see that...but I think it still has his stamp on it. But I also listen to a lot of AWK including his last album. I feel like this track builds on his last album but actually adds some party back to it! And the lyrics are definitely AWK. Weird, ambiguous and theatrical. It’s there. Hopefully there’s more party when the full album comes out!