Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Andrew McMahon Band • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Also the best

BackyardHero11 likes this.
  2. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

doesn't blend together as much as the emo/indie/bandcamp scene does though!

3. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

damn of all people dissing it i wouldn't expect it to be steve!!!!!

4. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

Why people still take Casey's bait at this point...

5. cwhit

there's no bait, chris, lol.
    i am a big andrew fan, you know that. but that sphere of alt pop is one of the genres that is most lacking of any substance to me

6. irthesteve

B
    O
    O
    M

what do you call that genre, so i can make fun of it better in the future? bandcamp-core is what I like at this point, or no-fi garage fuzz

cwhit likes this.
  7. cwhit

steve coming in with a goddamn ZINGER

8. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

been listening to "Fire Escape" at least ten times a day since it was released.

9. JohnR831

Regular

New video~

irthesteve likes this.
  10. manoverboard365

Trusted

When it started I thought this video was super dumb, but then it had me cracking up.

11. irthesteve

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  12. irthesteve

I am beyond amped on the Morgan Kibby track

13. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

Fire Escape is pretty DOA, huh? Did it even chart anywhere?

14. JohnR831

Regular

It looks like it's #22 on the Billboard Alternative Songs Chart, and was #24 last week. I don't really know how it's doing trend-wise other than that though. Maybe @Jason Tate has some insight into how many radio stations have been adding it, etc?

15. quietwords

That actually sounds better than I thought! I was just surprised that after the success of Cecilia, and opening on a pretty decent-sized tour, I'm just not hearing it anywhere. Maybe they are waiting on a large push when there are more album details.

16. [​IMG]

Had two weeks as the most added song on modern rock radio. It's doing pretty well.
    Andrew McMahon In The Wilderness’ “Fire Escape” again ranks as alternative radio’s most added song.

The single, which topped last week’s add board with 11 pickups, was added by another 10 Mediabase-monitored alt stations this week.

SayHello, JohnR831 and quietwords like this.
  17. quietwords

I clearly don't know what I'm talking about. My bad. Glad to hear it's doing well. Always want Andrew to succeed.

18. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

JohnR831 likes this.
  19. irthesteve

So much hype

20. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

From his Facebook page:

I wrote this album in the middle of a whirlwind, when the future was unclear. Isn't it always? I found my way to the city, thinking I could settle a score with a ghost. You can't, so I came home and rewrote the ending. I'm proud announce my new album, "Zombies on Broadway,” is coming on February 10th. I spent more than a year hoping to find new answers to old questions. What I found; I have always been two people; One in search of peace and the other in search of whatever makes my hair stand up and my heart beat faster. This record is mostly about the latter. You'll be able to pre-order the album starting next Friday, November 18th through my webstore and digitally on all your favorite outlets. A new song “Brooklyn, You’re Killing Me” will also be released alongside the pre-order.

To celebrate, we’re heading out on the Zombies in America tour early next year. Clever name, right? We're bringing out two bands that we love and have a feeling you will too, if you don't already. They're called Atlas Geniusand Night Riots and they melt faces with their live performances. In hopes of convincing you further, we're going to bring out a really inventive production. Life's too short not to blow off some confetti and wear reflective clothing, or something like that. It’ll be fun, so see below for details and get ready for a good time.

Pre-sale starts this Monday, November 14th at 10am local. Sign up to my mailing list by Saturday to get first dibs on the pre-sale code (it’s on the bottom of my website - Andrew McMahon Official Website).

General on sale starts Friday, November 18th at 10am local.

THE ZOMBIES IN AMERICA TOUR
    w/ ATLAS GENIUS AND NIGHT RIOTS - http://www.andrewmcmahon.com/tour/

SayHello and duritzfan13 like this.
  21. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

[​IMG]

22. duritzfan13

all we have is time

23. quietwords

Excited. Not a fan of that cover, though. Can't wait to see a track list!

24. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Damn, I love the cover.

25. dorfmac

Trusted

Does anyone have the ticket presale code? This tour didn't pop up on my radar until this morning, and presale starts in less than two hours. Unfortunately, I was apparently too late to sign up for the mailing list to have it sent to me in time.

If it matters, I'd be attending the Silver Spring, MD show.