Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Andrew McMahon Band • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

I'm not hating, I just think that song is only okay. I know it means a lot to him though, which I totally appreciate.

Also, "Shelter Breaks" is totally underrated.

2. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

3. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Low quality stream

4. airik625

Just listened to the song in high quality and it sounds awesome. He sings the entire song.

KidLightning likes this.
  5. irthesteve

Yeah the full quality version is better than that YouTube video

KidLightning and airik625 like this.
  6. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

7. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

I think I've settled on Something Corporate being my favorite Andrew project, specifically North. Sorry @Craig Manning i hope we're still friends after this

i just prefer the chillier, sappier, emo North to the more sunny, upbeat, brighter Everything In Transit. But ofc I love them both and theyre both tour de forces of excellent songwriting.

Craig Manning likes this.
  8. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

How dare you!

Nah, that's fine. I dig North and Leaving Through the Window a lot. They both make me super nostalgic. Nowadays, I don't revisit those records as much as the ones from Jack's and The Wilderness, because I appreciate the extra lyrical depth and maturity he developed later on. But both of those records are still stacked with good songs. Just not as stacked as Everything in Transit, imo.

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  9. airik625

North will always be one of my favorite McMahon releases. From start to finish that record is so solid. Leaving Through The Window is a lot of fun, too.

After that project, I never thought AM would be able to create anything else I enjoyed as much. Boy was I wrong. The Glass Passenger might be my favorite after all. That record is beautiful and a top 10 all time.

10. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Lttw is my fav Andrew project. I never liked north quite as much

11. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

Honestly, the Wilderness record is growing very quickly into possibly my most loved. EIT is definitely his best, and North not far behind it, but In the Wilderness is going to grow old with me for sure.

12. Craig Manning

Wilderness is probably my second favorite at this point.

13. cshadows2887

I have tremendous positive associations and memories with it that greatly help its case.

14. Craig Manning

Seeing him live last month upped my estimation of it. Definitely the most animated I've seen him. I think he's really happy with these songs and his new, poppier style. Plus, a few of those songs are pretty unquestionably among the best material he's ever written.

15. cshadows2887

I saw him 4 times between last August and last December with the same person and that record will always soundtrack that time for me.

16. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

My best friend leaves for college tomorrow; I just got back from goodbye dinner with him. I got into the car and turned on my CD player and all our lives came on. It fit very, very well

17. felipecardel

formless in the night Prestigious

love the song with Lindsey

18. cshadows2887

Just don't spend the winter diving to the bottom

Zac Djamoos likes this.
  19. irthesteve

I'm so torn, I really like it as a song but I really can't stand her loud over-the-top violin, really hurts the song for me. And yes I know it's her song, and that's the point, but I wish there was an Andrew-only version hah

20. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Oh yes... One Week!

21. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Is it confirmed from any sort of release? Or is just a one off single?

22. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

I think he said how he was hoping to have a new album out early next year, and that the first single would be dropping soon, so looks like this is it!

Greg likes this.
  23. irthesteve

hell yeah

24. Craig Manning

This will be the lead-off single for the new record.

Greg likes this.
  25. irthesteve

excellentttt