Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Andrew McMahon Band • Page 12

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

Three tiers for pricing:
    GA1- $350
    GA2- $299
    GA3- $200

2. dorfmac

Trusted

Oh fuck no. C’mon Andrew you’re better than that

falafelmywaffle likes this.
  3. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Jesus Christ. Yeah, no scenario I would ever pay that much money for a drive-in concert. Sorry.

4. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Huge yikes on that pricing

5. quietwords

A tiny part of me was still thinking about it but when I hopped on the presale and saw the pricing I knew it was the right choice. The third tier is of course the biggest section so there’s a massive possibility of paying $200 and not even seeing the stage. Might be an easier pill to swallow with three other people in the car but... it would have just been me lol.

6. TSLROCKS

Trusted Supporter

Hahahaha that's ridiculous

7. quietwords

The top two tiers appear to already be sold out on the presale so what do I know, lol.

8. TSLROCKS

Trusted Supporter

Of course they are and I can already see the headlines and this instantly turning into a nightmare

Brent likes this.
  9. iiiii623498

Regular

[​IMG]

falafelmywaffle and Brent like this.
  10. quietwords

Hahaha. I think the wording said four people max and cars with more won’t be admitted. How strict they actually will be... who knows

11. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

For that price this should be a show for minivans lol

Hell no would I pay $200. Even splitting with 4 people it's not worth it considering how far you would probably be from the stage

falafelmywaffle and Brent like this.
  12. TrailerParkJesus

OG

13. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Not a chance in hell

14. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Charging this much while we are in the midst of a pandemic and lots of people unemployed just seems...bad and kind of privileged. I know the people working and putting on the shows need to be paid but...a regular Andrew McMahon show would not cost this much. It's obviously cheaper if you split the price with a group but...a lot of people probably don't have a group of folks to go with in these times.

Edit: Especially since you cannot leave your car.

falafelmywaffle and earthlight like this.
  15. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Unfortunately supply and demand still exists in a pandemic, and the sell out speed of these shows prove the demand is there. Still sucks obviously, but it's economics baby!!

16. Craig Manning

Everything in Transit is 15 today. Still one of the greatest albums ever.

17. Will forever be my favorite record of all time. Such a perfect summer record.

I wish so badly I could hear some of these songs again for the first time.

18. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

One time yearrrrsss ago i took some magic fungi with my two best friends and put on EIT. It played for like 4 hours on repeat while we *traveled* around some wild psychedelic dreamscape.

MFEO pt 1 and 2 were mind blowing

falafelmywaffle and Chris1024 like this.
  19. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

20. FloatUpstream

Regular

I live 30 minutes from the Boomers stadium. If the ticket prices are lower than the previous shows I'd consider going.

21. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Ohhh definitely going to try to go

22. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

TRANSIT15

again

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  23. Craig Manning

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but it looks like Music on Vinyl is doing a 15-year pressing of Everything in Transit. Haven't seen it on any U.S. sites yet, but here's the info and a European site that looks like is selling it. It's definitely a European reissue, so I'm not sure it'll even make it to U.S. retail sites.

JACK’S MANNEQUIN - EVERYTHING IN TRANSIT - Music On Vinyl
    https://www.hhv.de/shop/en/item/jack-s-mannequin-everything-in-transit-764112?p=vXjLNr

Also assuming this, like last year's Glass Passenger pressing, is not Andrew-sanctioned, but I figured I'd post since I know I've talked to people over the years who missed out on the 2015 pressing.

anonimito and bobby_runs like this.
  24. quietwords

I forgot I missed out on the Glass Passenger and am now sad about it all over again.

25. I've had my eye on this for a couple days to see if it would show up on any U.S. retail sites. Apparently it went up on Bullmoose this morning and immediately sold out, so they must not be receiving many. Not sure how many will make it over here at all since it's only a pressing of 1500. Caved this afternoon and ordered from HHV. Came to almost $45 with shipping but there are already copies on eBay for $150 and I'm not willing to take the chance waiting. Excited to finally add this to my collection.