Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Andrew McMahon in the Wilderness - Zombies on Broadway (February 10, 2017) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by duritzfan13, Nov 10, 2016.

1. duritzfan13

all we have is time

I wrote this album in the middle of a whirlwind, when the future was unclear. Isn't it always? I found my way to the city, thinking I could settle a score with a ghost. You can't, so I came home and rewrote the ending. I'm proud announce my new album, "Zombies on Broadway,” is coming on February 10th. I spent more than a year hoping to find new answers to old questions. What I found; I have always been two people; One in search of peace and the other in search of whatever makes my hair stand up and my heart beat faster. This record is mostly about the latter. You'll be able to pre-order the album starting next Friday, November 18th through my webstore and digitally on all your favorite outlets. A new song “Brooklyn, You’re Killing Me” will also be released alongside the pre-order.

To celebrate, we’re heading out on the Zombies in America tour early next year. Clever name, right? We're bringing out two bands that we love and have a feeling you will too, if you don't already. They're called Atlas Geniusand Night Riots and they melt faces with their live performances. In hopes of convincing you further, we're going to bring out a really inventive production. Life's too short not to blow off some confetti and wear reflective clothing, or something like that. It’ll be fun, so see below for details and get ready for a good time.

Pre-sale starts this Monday, November 14th at 10am local. Sign up to my mailing list by Saturday to get first dibs on the pre-sale code (it’s on the bottom of my website - Andrew McMahon Official Website).

General on sale starts Friday, November 18th at 10am local.

THE ZOMBIES IN AMERICA TOUR
    w/ ATLAS GENIUS AND NIGHT RIOTS - Tour » Andrew McMahon

2. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

YES YES YES YES YES

3. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

Cool!

4. duritzfan13

all we have is time

I truly believe the last record was one of the best of his career. Excited to see what this one holds..

SayHello and KidLightning like this.
  5. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Very excited to hear what's next for him.

6. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

Pretty bad album name, but unimportant; here for it.

Spencer Rhoton likes this.
  7. irthesteve

second song in the video is interesting, sounds like a huge sound. Big pop, mixed with the talking section like "I'm Ready," could be awesome

SayHello likes this.
  8. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

Cool

9. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

So stoked for this. Love the album title, too

10. MegT585

Trusted

Can't wait! Loving the sound of the new stuff in the video clip.

11. duritzfan13

all we have is time

SayHello likes this.
  12. Can't wait to hear this.

13. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Here for it.

14. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

SayHello and duritzfan13 like this.
  15. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Nice

16. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

It is... under this project. Like would you not call Led Zeppelin II Led Zeppelin's sophomore album because Jimmy Page played in The Yardbirds? It still is. Projects can have separate album counts.

It even says "His sophomore album as Andrew McMahon in the Wilderness."

17. irthesteve

Rockin' the first album right now again, going to see him tomorrow night, everything's coming up Andrew and I love it

KidLightning and duritzfan13 like this.
  18. duritzfan13

all we have is time

Curious to see if he brings a guitarist back to the live show after he mentioned the return of guitar on this album.

Perhaps doubtful, but it would be kinda cool to see how that might play out with the self-titled songs as well

SayHello likes this.
  19. irthesteve

I can report back tomorrow, but I don't know if it will be very telling of the future. Tomorrow's show is like, a retrospective event of SocCo, Jacks and Wilderness and more

duritzfan13 likes this.
  20. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

Yeah, I def get it. Just think it's funny because I've been listening to his music for 15 years.

KidLightning likes this.
  21. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

Pretty big day for album releases. Excited to hear what he does after such a strong debut with this project!

22. duritzfan13

all we have is time

So jealous you're going. Enjoy!

23. SayHello

Regular

That clip of Brooklyn sounds so good. His spoken word verses are always my favorite. Can't wait for that. Seems like this record is going to have tons of energy, maybe the most since early Jacks. I'm ready. Ha.

24. irthesteve

Tonight's show was fuckin great, and included...... a Something Corporate reunion!! Konstantine, Hurricane, Woke Up In A Car, Punk Rock Princess, Last Straw... too great

25. irthesteve Nov 15, 2016
    (Last edited: Nov 15, 2016)
    irthesteve

Here's the setlist from the show if anyone was curious

Andrew McMahon In The Wilderness
    Canyon Moon
    High Dive
    The Resolution
    Last Straw

Something Corporate
    Konstantine