Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Andrew McMahon in the Wilderness - Upside Down Flowers (November 11, 2018) Album • Page 24

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by pablowashere, Oct 1, 2018.

1. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

I’ve been waiting for him to finally drop this and let his natural sound come through

2. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

moura and anonimito like this.
  3. moura

Regular

I hear “Shot Out Of A Cannon” DNA all over this… excited to hear the whole song!

anonimito and Elder Lightning like this.
  4. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

anonimito likes this.
  5. hypernermalization

Have heard Andrew (NOT SoCo) is playing Adjacent Fest

6. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

Didn't like this new song much.

DyingGaslight likes this.
  7. Atticus5143

Trusted

I’m sure the alt nation stuff pays the bills, but I miss piano heavy Andrew.

DyingGaslight, earthlight and David87 like this.
  8. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

The last album was piano heavy. I can’t find the number of albums sold. But chartwise, Upside Down did far worse than Zombies.

but there also isn’t context to the numbers I found on wiki, so I don’t know.

9. Atticus5143

Trusted

Exactly my point haha

10. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

11. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Like this one more than the other two...but it's still all sounding a bit too much like Zombies for me.

12. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

This reminds me more of Pop Underground and the first AMITW album. I dig all 3 of these recent songs though, and hope we're getting a full album and announcement soon.

SEANoftheDEAD and anonimito like this.
  13. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

Ha, I was thinking it sounded more in vein of Zombies… which, isn’t my favorite AM album, unfortunately.

other than stars (and new year song, if that counts), none of these songs have left a major impact.

I also feel like we’re going to have heard 80% of this album by the time it’s announced, lol

14. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

I dig it. Guess I'm alone but I'm not really getting Zombies vibes with VHS. Skywriting does sound like it could've been on Zombies though.

moura and Elder Lightning like this.
  15. Atticus5143

Trusted

So much of his output these days just sounds like generic Alt Nation music. It’s not bad, but it all blends together.

DyingGaslight and earthlight like this.
  16. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

@Atticus5143 have you seen him live recently? Saw him back in August and out of the 20 or so songs he played, a majority of them were SoCo/Jack's stuff, sprinkled with the greatest hits from the wilderness. Was awesome.

17. Atticus5143

Trusted

Oh yeah he was great on that tour. I just have a hard time getting into any of the newer stuff. House In The Trees and Love and Great Buildings are probably the only two tracks I like post Wilderness debut though

SEANoftheDEAD likes this.