Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Andrew McMahon in the Wilderness - Upside Down Flowers (November 11, 2018) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by pablowashere, Oct 1, 2018.

1. schackbr

Regular

this video was one of those self reflective things where I realized how much time has truly passed. i've seen that SoCo DVD at least 50 times and can remember sitting in my parents living room blasting it on our first big screen tv and surround sound.

time is funny, it feels like things move so quick until you sit down and realize how long it really has been and how much happens in between.

Bad Frequencies and quietwords like this.
  2. SoCoWilderNeSs

Regular Supporter

Amazing. I always wanted to travel to see the benefit shows and other events but never have been able to justify that type of money and time off work and away from life here on the East Coast in NY.

I have a tattoo with lyrics on it but not written out by Andrew. What an awesome thing to have. I’d love to ask him at a VIP meet & greet but I’m the type where I’m just thankful for his time and to shake his hand - I would worry a request like that was asking too much and an annoyance to
    Him. How’d you make that request and how’d he respond? Story time!

3. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Was so stoked to wake up and see this, and even more excited that it comes out next month.

Bad Frequencies likes this.
  4. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

Can I just mention how happy I am that this and John Nolan’s new album come out one week apart?

SoCoWilderNeSs likes this.
  5. timcsheehan

Regular

I'm not crying, you're crying.

6. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

Yeah I'm excited Dear Jack is in Boston this year. I have a performance that afternoon and have to book it into town, but it'll be worth it.

It was after the Boston SoCo reunion show. Waited outside the venue and asked him to write out "You live the life you're given."
    It was funny- when he wrote it, he said he didn't condone band tattoos, lol. But when I saw him a few years later and told him I got the tattoo, he liteally pulled my shirt collar down to see it, haha.

7. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

John Nolan has an album coming out also?

8. BTDandFeelingThis

airik625 likes this.
  9. schackbr

Regular

Also weird, I randomly listened to the SoCo albums for the first time in probably 5+ years last week. As I've gotten older I've listen to them less and less as lyrically they don't really resonate with me the way they used to. So this video really got me.

10. Ben Lee

I drink coffee and dad my kids Supporter

stupid song makes me think about all my stupid old friends and bands and all of it.

love it.

11. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

There will never be a time when I’m not thrilled for a new album from Andrew.

Love the new song!

12. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Cool story about meeting Andrew:

Years ago I ran into him in the city before a Jacks Mannequin show in Chicago and we chatted a bit. I was able to talk with him about my sister who passed away from leukemia along with his experience through it. Before we parted ways he handed me a Dear Jack foundation star necklace. I still hold onto that thing to this day. Love that dude.

13. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

My friends’ brewery is doing a cool thing in collaboration with Andrew:

jpmalone4, irthesteve, sonder and 3 others like this.
  14. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

That sounds delicious.

KidLightning likes this.
  15. quietwords

Someone send me some.

16. maryp1603

Hey. Supporter

For anyone interested in the tour, looks like Spotify presale and VIP presale is tomorrow.

17. BTDandFeelingThis

Spotify presale...how does that work?

18. maryp1603

Hey. Supporter

If you listen to Andrew a lot on Spotify or follow him on there, Spotify should email you a code for presale.

19. quietwords

If you listen to the artist enough, they usually email you a code the day of the presale.

20. BTDandFeelingThis

Looks like I need to redownload Spotify and have it play Andrew all day

21. quietwords

VIP code is flowers. Or Ohio. Either worked. Out of my price range, though.

22. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I cannot quite put a finger on why, but as a big SoCo and JM fan, nothing he has released under this moniker has done anything for me.

23. schackbr

Regular

a lot of people feel that way. it's a lot more mainstream pop than JM or SC.

24. Is it really though?

25. I coulda sworn I saw a "just vinyl" pre-order option last night. And now I can't find it.