Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Andrew McMahon in the Wilderness - Upside Down Flowers (November 11, 2018) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by pablowashere, Oct 1, 2018.

1. pablowashere Oct 1, 2018
    (Last edited: Oct 1, 2018)
    pablowashere

Regular

2. This song rules.

4. felipecardel

formless in the night Prestigious

the only man who never ever let me down

slowheart likes this.
  5. BenSmith94

Trusted

Well, this is unexpected but muchly appreciated.

parkerxcore likes this.
  6. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Album art is beautiful

jlinitz likes this.
  7. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

That song takes me back to the SoCo days. Amazing.

Butch Walker produced this? I’m all over it.

earthlight and Bad Frequencies like this.
  8. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

That video is amazing, really cool stuff. Sadly, not huge on the song itself on first listen, but I love what Andrew wrote about it and what it all means

9. That song made me really miss my high school band. Can’t wait for the album and to see him again on this tour. Also, how did I miss that he’s playing a tiny bar in Chicago next month?

10. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

If the first two songs are any indication, this is going to be fucking great.

Aregala and Jason Tate like this.
  11. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Holy crap, this song is so good!

airik625 likes this.
  12. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

I am all over this. This album is gonna be awesome!

AlwaysEvolving21 and anonimito like this.
  13. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Oh hell yeah

14. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

New single is so good. This couldn’t have come at a better time. Preordered the vinyl through Bull Moose.

15. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

holy shit this song rules

Aregala likes this.
  16. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

if he made an album that sounds exactly like this song with butch walker... idk man, album of the year

17. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

Immediately love this more than Ohio, which was already a solid enough track. Love this man.

airik625 likes this.
  18. maryp1603

Hey. Supporter

Can already tell I’m going to love this much more than ZOB.

19. BTDandFeelingThis

I think I like Ohio a tad bit more, but that’s only because the lyrics to Ohio are SUPER relatable to me; like it’s a page out of my own life. Love this new song too though

anonimito likes this.
  20. SoCoWilderNeSs

Regular Supporter

I’ll just copy and paste my FB post from last night here:

Wow - I cant even describe how connected I feel to this man who wrote seemingly all the songs that got me through all of the ups and all of the downs as I often struggled to navigate through this crazy life. This song hit me hard. Watching the video with all the clips and throwbacks to the beginnings of Something Corporate into the Jack’s Mannequin years and finally to the present is such a rollercoaster of emotion. Each clip during each era put me back to where I was and made me feel something I was feeling at that those moments in time. What a trip.

This one track already means more to me than anything on the last record. This is the real, raw and relatable Andrew McMahon that drew me in all those years ago. I cannot wait to hear the rest.

Bad Frequencies likes this.
  21. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Song is fantastic. This is the kind of song I'd classify as timeless. Gives me serious nostalgia as well.

22. Allhailburnzy

Trusted Supporter

This album has the potential to be my favorite by him, So far Everything In Transit, and People and Things take the cake

23. SoCoWilderNeSs

Regular Supporter

This is impossible for me to do. Everything In Transit, Leaving Through The Window, North, People & Things & The Glass Passenger. You could probably ask 50 different people and get 50 different answers.

24. BTDandFeelingThis

A testament at how good this guy is.

Andrew McMahon can do no wrong.

Andrew McMahon 2020

25. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

Yeah the video for the song kind of wrecks me.

I just have so many memories associated with Andy and his music.

Being front row when they played Warped Tour (gross) in '02/'03

Travelling to California for the first SoCo reunion show at Bamboozle. Then flying back for the last two.

Surprising my friend with the chance to sing with Jack's Mannequin onstage at the Everything In Transit album show in Boston.

Having Andy write out lyrics for me and, years later, getting them tattooed on my chest.

Flying out to California (again) for the Coach House concerts last December.