Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Andrew McMahon in the Wilderness Posts Pre-Order and New Song

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 18, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. MightyBrian

This is where I am suppose to write something cool Prestigious

I love everything Andrew puts out, but I have to say this is a hard song to get into

3. SayHello

Regular

Couldn't disagree more. I love this track.

4. kidinthebushes

Trusted

I wish I could just get the vinyl.

5. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

I'm pretty sure it'll come available a bit later. If I recall, he did the same thing with the So Co 10 year anniversary package.

6. Sal Paradise

Trusted

0/2 for me. Maybe they will grow on me like the last album did, don't hate either song, but just kinda not feeling them.

Also i think I saw on Vinyl collective earlier, that the album is available on amazon without the bundles. Haven't checked for myself though, and don't know if it is colored.

ConArdist likes this.
  7. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Enjoyed the first song more, but I'm sure this one will grow on me!

8. sammyboy516

Trusted Prestigious

Chorus is great. The spoken word parts aren't bad wish there was more singing.

9. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

Very much liking this on first listen, the chorus is great. But boy did that opening throw me for a loop. Is he influenced by hip hop now?

10. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

I'm excited for potential bonus tracks. Some of his best tracks are b-sides, or rarities. "Meet Me at My Window" and "Lights and the Buzz" are my favorite Andrew McMahon songs. The b-sides from the first AMITW album were great, too.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  11. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

Fire Escape was much better imo. Not a fan of this song. I get it, Andrew is in a different place now, but the sound from People and Things felt good to me. Oh well. Glad he is doing well though and still making music.

12. ANTEMASQUE

What do the verses in this song remind me of? Fuck. What song is that

13. stories

lucid dreaming. Supporter

i'm enjoying this. the spoken word verses remind me of the bridge/third verse of "i'm ready", which i loved.

14. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

Arguing w/ a friend on FB, help me out. I'm a drummer, I definitely consider those shuffle drums in the verses to be rap-inspired. Any thoughts?

15. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Interesting song, I think I like it. Seems Bowie-esque, I think?

16. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Lights and Buzz is my favourite Andrew song too

ConArdist likes this.
  17. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

18. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

Hell yeah, high five! He wrote that when he was still REALLY struggling w/ cancer. Maybe why it's so perfect.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.