Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Andrew McMahon In The Wilderness & Friends Tour • Page 2

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by meggers, Apr 11, 2018.

1. TMS2787

Trusted

Thursday’s show in Cleveland was a fun time and Andrew was good. I personally couldn’t get into anything else when he wasn’t on stage. I did enjoy the way the show ran and how they brought everyone on to the stage but I think in the long run I would’ve just prefered the other guys “opened” and Andrew played straight through. Regardless, I am glad I didn’t miss this tour.

2. lifestartsmusic

Back For A (Not So) Limited Time Prestigious

Heading into the show in Brooklyn at Warsaw. Doors are at 7. Should I assume show starts at 8 then?

3. TMS2787

Trusted

I’d think. Expect it to start around 8:10.

lifestartsmusic likes this.
  4. emersontheauthor

Regular

I'm so excited, my date is a week from now! Been listening to Andrew for like 13 years and I've never seen him live, so I'm looking forward to this.

5. duritzfan13

all we have is time

This was one of the best shows I've ever seen. Super entertaining concept and every single person on the bill could sing their ass off. And Matt Thiessen came up for a song at the Nashville show

6. meggers

Trusted

My show starts at 7:30, how long have the shows lasted?

7. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

About three hours, and it really is exactly at that start time so definitely don’t run late.

meggers likes this.
  8. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

For someone who likes to have a cigarette at shows, are there extended periods where the other guys play a few songs?

9. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I don’t think he was ever gone more than 15-20 or so but it was kind of hard to judge. The setlists online can give you an idea but sometimes he came in early or randomly joined from backstage so he wasn’t always gone the whole time.

10. Meghin

Uhhhhhhhhhh... Supporter

Oh, definitely. If "housesitting" or "taking Doris for a walk" gets mentioned, it's usually Allen/Bob/Zac performing. The nice thing is that the set has windows, and it's not uncommon to see the guys pop up into the windows from time to time. The banter between everyone was also pretty great, added to the charm of the whole show, and it looks like it varies from venue to venue.

TJ Wells likes this.
  11. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

I’m so excited for this show! Plus it’s my birthday! Double bonus!

Meghin likes this.
  12. maryp1603

Hey. Supporter

If I remember right (it’s been a few weeks), taking Doris for a walk was a lengthy amount of time of Andrew being offstage.

13. duritzfan13

all we have is time

Yeah but honestly you don't wanna miss a second of this show in my opinion

14. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

In Boston, for me at least, it felt like Allen Stone's set was a bit of a drag. Not enough to kill the show or anything. Still looking forward to seeing this again next month.

15. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

The Killing Me Softly cover was really great. Don’t think he’s done it every night but I’m not sure.

16. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

I don't think we got it in Boston.
    I also don't want to sound like I didn't think he was talented- because he very clearly is. Voice is beautiful. Just felt like the room hit a bit of a lull during his section.

17. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Allen Stone isn’t playing my show. Wonder if that will affect Andrew’s set at all?

18. Scott Siegel

Went last night and he had a pretty big part in the whole set, I'd be curious to see what they do in his absence.

19. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

I’m very excited for this show but feel like it could use one, maybe two more SoCo songs? Toss Straw Dog or Hurricane and Walking by or Watch the Sky in there and I’d be in heaven.

20. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I agree, although he made a big point at the Charlottesville show about the fact that he never plays Hurricane. I find it totally baffling that on a piano only tour where he tells stories of songs that matter to him he isn't doing Walking By. That seemed like the biggest lock before it started. He's been doing Watch the Sky some but always at the cost of As You Sleep and that SUCKS.

TJ Wells likes this.
  21. duritzfan13

all we have is time

He only does ones he wrote and he did not write “Hurricane.”

I don’t disagree, but the dudes released like 5 records since that band. Considering these shows are “Andrew McMahon In The Wilderness” I think we’re pretty lucky how much JM and SoCo he actually still plays

TJ Wells likes this.
  22. emersontheauthor

Regular

Going to see this tonight and I'm so excited! I've fallen a bit ill and not feeling super great, but I wouldn't miss this for anything, and I've had tickets for like ever, so I'm definitely going. Just not going to be doing too much moving around, haha.

23. emersontheauthor

Regular

At the show and I can see literally nothing because I'm too short lol. Sounds great though. A lot of super tall people are getting great video so maybe I'll be able to catch what I missed later lol.

meggers likes this.
  24. meggers

Trusted

I had an amazing spot till right before Andrew started and two tall people came and stood in front of me. I just wish the woo-hoo people would stop.

emersontheauthor likes this.
  25. emersontheauthor

Regular

Lol! We had good spots but the venue people made us move. Just chilling at the very back now, singing along to the Andrew songs and enjoying the rest. Weird extended beatbox sequence! But it wasn't bad.