Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Andrew McMahon In The Wilderness ‘Upside Down Flowers’ Tour (2018/2019) Tour • Page 5

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by The Black Parade, Oct 3, 2018.

1. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

I’d be surprised if he did.
    At Clifton Park someone yelled for it and he said “Definitely not playing that one!”

2. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

He’s sometimes been playing a few lines or short parts in kind of a sarcastic way this tour when people yell it. Dear Jack is still the only time he plays it in full now.

Jdaniels likes this.
  3. maryp1603

Hey. Supporter

Show is finally tonight! This will be my 20th Andrew show, so I’m very excited. Say hey if you’re there.

4. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

He played it in full. I had a friend go to the show and she said she was shocked. He spent a couple years of his youth living outside of Columbus and usually does stuff like this whenever he tours in Cleveland/Columbus.

I remember way back in 2006 when he premiered "There, There Katie" live in Cleveland with his sister, the namesake of the song, attending. I don't think he'd even released the song at the time, but it was probably the most emotional experience I've ever had at a concert.

5. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Wait what????? I’m in a super active fan group on FB and I hadn’t heard anything about this! I’m surprised all the DJ diehards aren’t freaking out!

6. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Also yes that tour where he played Katie was so incredible. It was unreleased for so long and I listened to a terrible live version for years and years. I think the recording was from the Ohio show.

7. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

I was just in Columbus to see The Kooks at the same venue, which is literally across the street from the OSU Student Union. If the crowd skewed so young like my experience, I bet 95% of the crowd didn't understand how amazing that was. In between sets, they had 90s/early 2000s random songs like New Radicals, The Cure, Fatboy Slim, Liz Phair, etc. on and no one around us had any clue what was on. haha

8. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Upon further inspection it would appear that this is some sort of long troll job from Andrew which is HILARIOUS. I must have missed the original post but there are short clips of him playing it and saying like, “Wow, can you all believe that I just played a 37 minute version of Konstantine and you all got to see it?!” And all the videos posted are from that short snippet. I can’t stop laughing.

9. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

My friend said he played a decent amount of it. If you look on Instagram, he starts trolling at the end just to joke with Columbus.

10. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah, this whole thing makes a lot more sense now. I didn’t think there was a way I could have missed a legit full play happening on this tour.

11. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

Anyone who’s gone when what time he goes on? I’m going with a friend tonight but he is driving back from out of town so if figuring out when to be back by

12. quietwords

The three I’ve seen he’s gone on between 8:40-9:00

GrantCloud likes this.
  13. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

He basically did 9-11 at my show

14. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

Jdaniels and Nate_Johnson like this.
  15. quietwords

Looks like he did a "Pen and Piano" type set last night as there equipment didn't make it to the show in time.

Brent, Jdaniels and Bad Frequencies like this.
  16. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Any of you remember if yours was "Show at 7" or "show at 7:30"? Mine is 7:30, which leads me to believe he might go on at 9:30 instead, not a shocker in LA

17. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Mine was 7.

irthesteve likes this.
  18. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

Saw him last Friday, and he came on right at 9; show started at 7, two openers.

Btw, the stage setup is rad and he has some cool crowd interaction moments. Guess he's been mixing up which SoCo/Jack's songs he performs, as well.

Jdaniels and irthesteve like this.