Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Andrew McMahon in the Wilderness – Upside Down Flowers • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 15, 2018.

1. SoCoWilderNeSs

Regular Supporter

Side bar but I always find myself wishing that when reviews are done of new albums the article for the review links to the existing thread for the album or they get merged somehow because now I find myself commenting on the album in two different threads.

Fantastic review though. I always enjoy your writing.

Bad Frequencies likes this.
  2. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Need to catch some time for that! That's a priority! ;u

3. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

I’ve spun this album 3x already today

anonimito and musicfan9795 like this.
  4. Smittzerland

First time long time (FKA musicfan9795) Prestigious

Said this in the album thread, but this is easily his best Wilderness record by a long shot.

5. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

"House in the Trees" really is a phenomenal song. One of those songs that made me audibly react to it (which "Dying in LA" by Panic at the Disco also did).

Mr. Serotonin and JRGComedy like this.
  6. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

Tremendous review. Tremendous album. I hope he gets everything he wanted from it.

7. thegreatbenbino

Be excellent to each other! Supporter

Everything everyone is saying about "House in the Trees" is spot on. Song made me feel things on first listen.

8. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

lol i'm pretty sure I played Dying in LA like 4 times in a row after I heard it.

CyberInferno likes this.
  9. Pepetito

Trusted Supporter

Early highlights for me are Paper Rain, House in the Trees, Ohio.

Really digging those three hard.

10. Steeeve Perry

Trusted

Just listened to this album for the first time. First time listening to any Andrew McMahon and the Wilderness album in fact. Heard a few songs here and there. Vaguely remember Something Corporate. Heard Everything In Transit once in full, in the background at work (will rectify that soon -- especially as summer approaches here in oz).

Anyway, was compelled to give this a spin. Had not yet read your review. When House in the Trees ended I came straight to the review just to see if it had been mentioned. You didn't let me down. Album is good but that was the song that might just send me down the Andrew McMahon rabbit hole. A stunner. Nice review too.

11. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Thanks for reading, glad you enjoyed the record. Definitely recommend going back and catching up on his older stuff.