Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Andrew McMahon Announces New Album; Shares New Song

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2023.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Andrew McMahon will release Tilt at the Wind No More on March 31st. Today he’s shared “Lying on the Hood of Your Car.” He also talked with Consequence about the song:

“For me, this song is pure nostalgia,” McMahon said in a statement. “I made a conscious decision when I was writing it to imagine a whole world of important figures in my life lying next to me on the hood of that imagined vehicle. In one breath it’s a song about young love and in another it’s about those nights out with friends. Nights that ended in parking lot conversations about lives you might lead one day and places you might escape to if you could. I rarely build imagined worlds when I write songs but something about this one feels very much like a memory to me.”

more

Not all embedded content is displayed here. You can view the original to see embedded videos, tweets, etc.

2. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

Pre sale code for tour??

3. Rawrz

Regular

Digging the new song

anonimito likes this.
  4. ARo24

Regular

I second needing that pre sale code.

5. eboo

I wonder what the track listing is. I hope it’s not just the 5-8 songs (like get on my wave or slow burn) that have already been released.

Jfletch likes this.
  6. parkerxcore

Pre Sale Code: CAMPWILDERNESS

Bought my tickets for Chain Reaction. Mind boggled by this.

Brent likes this.
  7. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Andrew at Chain would be a bucket list show.

8. reachingfor

Regular Supporter

Just got mine for chain reaction, can’t wait!

parkerxcore likes this.
  9. sowrongitsryan

Regular

I would expect it to include everything released since Stars. Slow Burn is just a cover, and new years song/get on my wave were one-offs.

10. MightyBrian

This is where I am suppose to write something cool Prestigious

i wonder what package bundles he will have this time.

11. parkerxcore

Nice, what night? I got Friday!

12. Captain Awesome`

Got tickets for myself, wife, and younger daughter for Friday night. We had a great time seeing him at his 40th Birthday show in Anaheim, so this should be amazing. Love Chain Reaction.

reachingfor likes this.
  13. sammyboy516 Jan 11, 2023
    (Last edited: Jan 11, 2023)
    sammyboy516

Trusted Prestigious

I really don’t like being a hater but everything he has released since the first Wilderness record has been so terribly uninteresting to me. There have been some great songs here and there but I found the last album and these recent singles especially bland.

14. reachingfor

Regular Supporter

Same here! Such a great venue to see him at

parkerxcore likes this.
  15. I keep coming back to his Wilderness albums trying to find something but yeah the same thing happens for me, the only exception is High Dive.

mattzimm likes this.
  16. WadeCastle

Trusted Supporter

Yeah that flowers album was very underwhelming. First was fun, second was alright, and by the third I was out. I was jamming SOCO this morning and that stuff still hits.

parkerxcore likes this.
  17. paythetab

Chorus.FM Album Reviewer (Adam Grundy) Supporter

I can't find an official tracklist yet, but it looks like it will include a lot of the recent singles. Here's the artwork btw!
    andrew-mcmahon-tilt-at-the-wind-no-more.jpg

parkerxcore and anonimito like this.
  18. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Whaaaat. I liked Upside Down Flowers so much more than Zombies. The first 4 tracks are great, with Blue Vacation possibly being my favorite AMITW track. House in The Trees is also up there with favorite wilderness track discussions. Everything Must Go didn't click for me at first but we saw it live and I really like it now. The rest of the tracks are up and down but those other 5-6 are so good.

sowrongitsryan and anonimito like this.
  19. sowrongitsryan

Regular

Idk I just like all of it… SoCo, Jack’s, Wilderness… he always hits

20. WadeCastle

Trusted Supporter

i should revisit it, it definitely didn't hold my attention when it dropped, that's for sure, i remember just so many stuff coming out at the same time and i didn't go back to it.

21. sammyboy516

Trusted Prestigious

I just find it very boring. Flowers was mostly mid-tempo pop songs that don’t do anything for me and I’m not a fan of the more modern pop sound he’s gone with on the Wilderness albums. I just don’t think he’s doing anything interesting with it. Most of it feels like very generic modern alternative music to me that you’d hear on any alt radio station in the country. It’s very boring, Imagine Dragons-type music to my ears.

22. parkerxcore

I agree the last album didn't have any holding value. I can't tell you any lyrics from that record. I get what he was going for with Zombies but it still didn't feel right.

23. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

See I thought that about Zombies, and thought Flowers was a bit more "andrew-sounding" haha. Zombies definitely had "sounds like everything else on the radio" energy to it for me, probably why I couldn't get into it much

24. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

This.

anonimito likes this.
  25. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

I love all of it as well, very excited! The new singles don't grab me as much as the older songs used to, but it's understandable, I had an enormous connection with those. Also, I've just read the same artist has done the designs for the album art and for all the singles as well - to me Built to Last was the best with Skywriting and Lying on the Hood coming in second for good cover material. The LP design doesn't do it for me at all, but I've seen people in the comments lovin it already, so that's cool

SEANoftheDEAD likes this.