Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Andrew McMahon 10 Years in Remission

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 5, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Andrew McMahon spoke a little with People Magazine about being 10 years in remission from leukemia. He also mentioned he’s begun working on new music:

“I finally got together with this production team in New York downtown that I’ve just been so psyched on working with that I said, ‘I’m gonna do my New York record,'” says McMahon, who recorded all his previous albums on the West Coast. “I don’t want to scare anybody, but it’s pop.”

2. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

He can do no wrong. Super excited to hear this, especially with the subtle hint, "but it's pop." haha

3. devenstonow

Noobie

He's been posting about recording in NYC all week on Instagram

4. JohnR831

Regular

So excited for this! I just saw him last month in Poughkeepsie, and he's on top of his game. Really looking forward to hearing new music.

5. Chris Lei

Makes me think this will head towards the direction of The Pop Underground.

6. simplejack

I wish I could say something but silence is fine.

I hope that this new album becomes so huge that Ryan Adams will make a Smiths-inspired cover album of it.

Bartek T. and Jason Tate like this.
  7. GetUpAndrew

Constant horror and bone-deep dissatisfaction.

Can't wait for some new Andrew McMahon. One of the most talented musicians and songwriters that have ever graced my ears and heart and mind since forever.

8. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Ten years? This makes me feel old. Awesome for him.

I am also looking forward to whatever comes next

9. THIS^
    Haha yes. But seriously I feel Andrew is at his best when going into newer and newer territory, this has me so stoked.

10. ARo24

Regular

Weird, I'm listening to Jack's right now actually. Thank you for being an inspiration. I'm closing in on five years and it feels great.

11. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

That's so good to hear! And at the same time, I'm not ever worried about liking new music from him, I'm only worried if it's gonna be as big as it deserves to be!