Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Anderson .Paak - Oxnard (Nov 16, 2018) Album • Page 7

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Matt Chylak, Mar 6, 2018.

1. PauLo

43% Burnt

I know, I just more Paak/Madlib collabs :(

2. OotyPa

fall away

I... like... Left to Right.... sorry guys!

3. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Yeah this is great. 6 Summers is a banger, and at the same time very depressing.

4. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Gonna be on SNL 12/1

5. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

manoverboard365 and irthesteve like this.
  6. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Sooo excited for him on SNL, he's going to absolutely kill it

7. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

There's a lot on here that I'm not really into. Headlow, 6 Summers, Mansa Musa.... I dunno, is it just me? This album feels really.... uneven. Songs like Brother's Keeper are nice for the most part, but I feel like it fails to really... settle into anything, feels like multiple ideas kinda smooshed together.

I hope this grows on me overall, but after a few listens I'm not sure how I feel overall

8. angel paste

grey hairs, get out of me zoots! Prestigious

anyone who dislikes 6 summers is a mystery

9. Justin Roux

Trusted Supporter

I liked Tints through 6 Summers and that was about it, I only listened once but everything else kind of dragged for me.

10. angel paste

grey hairs, get out of me zoots! Prestigious

saviers road tho

11. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Idk I really liked this on first listen

12. azzy01

Regular

Nah sounds good to me, but to each their own.

13. Gjpeace

Regular Supporter

It definitely sounds great to me, and I’ve been listening to it a lot and enjoying it, but it does feel weirdly hollow to me. Maybe that’s because it’s following up Malibu, which seemed to have such genuine personality behind it. This one doesn’t really make me perk up until “6 Summers.”

14. OotyPa

fall away

I loved it at first and it’s been growing on me each listen. The lyrics are super clever and infectious. The production is definitely less funky than Malibu but its still excellently composed with stunning attention-to-detail. There are a lot of layers to this album and I think it’s worth spending time with.

15. username

hey you lil piss baby

It’s fine. I’ve cooled since my first couple listens. Maybe would have vibed more if it came during the summer.

16. azzy01

Regular

Agreed. Around my tenth listen it started to feel as though it was lacking something. To me it lacks some of the personal / more emotional lyrical touches that malibu had. I mean don't get me wrong, I think this album is near perfect just a bit lacking in terms of lyrics and substance for me.

17. irthesteve

ten times already?!?!?

azzy01 likes this.
  18. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

10 times in 4 days really isn't that crazy. Especially if you consider Thursday night. That's only 2 or 3 times a day. I've listened to plenty of new albums that much.

19. irthesteve

Just feels crazy to me, I rarely listen to an album more than once a week even

20. MattNCheeze

Trusted

when the snare comes in on cheers and andy gets a little serious eugh.

21. mad

I was right. Prestigious

this feels less like a complete album than Malibu to me, still got some great songs tho

22. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Adding Bubblin' and Til It's Over in that order as the final two tracks really works and makes the end feel less anticlimactic imo

23. PauLo

43% Burnt

I think it's a grower. I've only listened once, but I felt the same way about his last two albums on first listen and they both grew on my more than any other album in recent memory. I have a feeling this will do the same.

24. azzy01

Regular

Oxnard was his most immediate album for me, but Malibu and Venice were definitely growers and I feel as though Malibu has the most lasting power. Not that Oxnard doesn't have lasting power, just seems to lack some of the "progressiveness" that Malibu has

25. azzy01

Regular

Probably closer to 15 tbh, but all I've been listening to since last Wednesday is his stuff.