Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Anberlin Band • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by contra11mundum, Mar 12, 2016.

1. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I think it aged horribly. I went from kind of liking it to hating it. Easily their worst album, not a single song I revisit and only 2/3 I can even listen to.

2. josephcissell

Regular

That is so disappointing man. I’ll be on the lookout for a copy for you.

contra11mundum likes this.
  3. Evolution Kid

I may be going broke, but I'm never broken down. Prestigious

I'm missing that and the Australian one haha. I missed out on that discogs one as well. :crylaugh:

contra11mundum likes this.
  4. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

Yeah that Stranger Ways one is probably my favorite.

5. contra11mundum

Thanks! Yeah man I was so excited and then so defeated. Haha

josephcissell likes this.
  6. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

DITW is still my 3rd fav after Cities and Lowborn. I'll never be able to wrap my head around the hate it's gotten. Oh well.

Luroda likes this.
  7. chhholly123

i’ve been meaning to tell you

I kind of stopped listening to Anberlin after cities, but then came back to them once they did that acoustic tour before vital. I finally gave DITW a chance and I think it's my favorite after cities.

8. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Anberlin is one of, if not my favorite band. Wish more of their albums were on vinyl at a decent price still.

Vital/Devotion > Dark is the Way, Light is a Place > Cities > Lowborn > Never Take Friendship Person > New Surrender > Blueprints for the Black Market

9. contra11mundum

One of my favorite things about them is how different the rankings tend to be. Sign of a great band.

10. contra11mundum

Listening to Devotion in its entirety for the first time in a while.

Goddamn what a record.

11. Evolution Kid

I may be going broke, but I'm never broken down. Prestigious

I really wish I still worked at the label/studio that put that out when those extra tracks got recorded.

12. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

I just got super lucky and found Dark is the Way on vinyl on Target's website, and it was the last one. I can't seem to find it anywhere (new) for less than $60 so I think I got the last normal priced one. haha

13. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

Cities is definitely my favorite album. I think i love how fairly diverse sounding it is, but also gels pretty well into transitioning to the next track. i love it.

14. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

I like all 7 albums a lot but yeah Cities is their best

15. ChampsMusic

Instagram.com/ChampsMusic

I want them to re-release these albums on vinyl.

16. chhholly123

i’ve been meaning to tell you

I was pretty disappointed with lowborn when it first came out but I listened to it yesterday and maybe I just miss this band but I loved it. Cities is still number one tho.

17. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

Wtf if only I had known! Pretty jealous of that haha

18. DesolateEarth

Birb

Cities was my favorite for a while, but Vital, Devotion, and Lowborn all knocked it out of the park for me. What a strong capstone to their career. My ranking now looks more like this:
    Vital/Devotion
    Cities
    Lowborn
    DITWLIAP
    Never Take Friendship Personal
    New Surrender
    Blueprints For the Black Market

Luroda likes this.
  19. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

I just on a whim googled "Anberlin Dark Is the Way Vinyl" and it said Target had it. I'm really excited. Also bought some cheap pens for that sweet free shipping. hahaha

Owlex likes this.
  20. Lucas27

Trusted

Lowborn really is such an incredible record. Now that it's approaching two years (holy cow) I can listen to it apart from the emotional high I felt when they hung it up. It's so different, and not at all what I would have asked for, but it's such a perfect final album.

chhholly123 and Benjamin Lee like this.
  21. contra11mundum

Lowborn has aged nicely for me

Luroda likes this.
  22. SpyKi

I haven't gone back to it. Cities/NTFP and a few songs from Vital is pretty much all I listen to these days.

23. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

Cities and NTFP are fantastic albums.

24. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Anberlin is tied with Circa Survive and Say Anything as my favorite band I think. Like goddamn, closest thing to a bad album they have is Blueprints and even that has a a good few gems.

Luroda likes this.
  25. SpyKi

Dark is bad. New Surrender is mediocre. Blueprints is solid.