Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Anberlin Band • Page 156

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by contra11mundum, Mar 12, 2016.

1. Michael Belt

metadata incarnate Supporter

looks like they're working with JJ Revell and Tim McTague as co-producers for the album. if it sounds anything like their work on Voyeurist, i think we're in for a treat.

ezmo311, Crisp X, coleslawed and 4 others like this.
  2. Spazzy McGee

Regular

Whoop!!

per Impossible, it’s an excellent song to run to

anonimito likes this.
  3. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

Really enjoy Dark Is The Way overall. But Impossible, Depraved, and Art of War are songs that are as good as any in their discography imo

4. Lucas27

Trusted

I know it didn't blow up necessarily, but I think I heard Impossible more times in public than any other Anberlin song (three or four times on the radio or at a restaurant). What an amazing song.

5. balloon.pilot

Regular

6. zsoty27

"I am the patron saint of lost causes"

beachdude, Mary V, Ellamamama and 2 others like this.
  7. Michael Belt

metadata incarnate Supporter

let's start that celebration by repressing Help Yourself again. resale prices for Anberlin vinyl are fucking ridiculous, and i tried buying a copy from T&N once only to be informed that they were sold out and that the listing hadn't been pulled down yet. still holding out hope.

8. brothemighty

Trusted

The Academy Fucking Is... is back??

Matt504 likes this.
  9. zsoty27

"I am the patron saint of lost causes"

[​IMG]

10. j0nnymarrzbar

Regular

Is Justin Beiber drumming for them on the new record?

11. failinginplace

Regular

LET'S GO! Give me more dates!

12. Kicking around the idea of traveling to see a Cities show, but I'd really love to know if they're planning a Chicago residency (or anywhere else in the midwest) later in the year after Riot Fest.

beachdude and anonimito like this.
  13. Matt Metzler

Space Cadet Prestigious

Wonder when we’ll get that other new song. I’m sure there’s more than just one coming, but, feels weird for them to have played a completely recorded new song over the PAs on their last tour and then just sit on it indefinitely.

ChampsMusic and Michael Belt like this.
  14. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

I interpreted the post as saying they’re playing all 3 albums at each date, unless you’re referencing something else and I’m forgetting some previous news? May be why I don’t really understand the use of the word residency in their post if they’re only playing one show in each city.

also, I’d imagine it’d be nice to get a bit of a cool down from the first 2 records with New Surrender but also feels like it really takes the wind out of their sails. I’d rather see any other record and despite FGD’s success I have to imagine most people feel the same lol

DannyZach likes this.
  15. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Cool idea and nice to see some New Surrender love. Although would personally take Vital or Lowborn in a live setting. I feel like we’ve had Cities and NTFP in a live setting so many times now.

ChampsMusic and anonimito like this.
  16. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Each city has three dates so it’ll be an album a night I think?

17. 333 GANG

ACAB

Each city is three shows, one for each record. The poster has three dates listed for each stop

18. They're doing one album per show. On their site, the album they're playing is listed by each date, and the only one I really want to see is Cities. The tweet says "the first set of dates" so I'm just hoping they announce more residencies later in the year that are closer to me.

19. 333 GANG

ACAB

I doubt it, but I hope Toronto somehow gets these shows. I’d love to see Cities or NTFP

20. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

They are certainly not playing three albums a night lol

Aaron Mook likes this.
  21. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Lol my eyes glossed right over the multiple dates, sheesh

333 GANG likes this.
  22. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Sorry you got three of us telling you that all at once, haha. The joys of the Internet forum.

disambigujason and 333 GANG like this.
  23. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

24. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

Pretty surprised they’re not going with Tooth and Nail

25. allastud

Regular

I wonder if Stephen’s Solo stuff or the latest anchor and braille album finished off whatever contract they had maybe.