Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Anberlin Band • Page 141

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by contra11mundum, Mar 12, 2016.

1. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

I’m not religious, so his solo worship stuff isn’t really my thing, but I really love the most recent Anchor & Braille record. Probably enjoy it more than a couple Anberlin records and I really like all of their records.

2. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

As someone who used to be very religious and now is not at all, I can confirm that neither of those versions of me like that worship album. At all.

3. chhholly123

i’ve been meaning to tell you

pretty much the last thing i want is another worship album from stephen christian.

RyanPm40, Benjamin Lee and beachdude like this.
  4. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

The big guy is just so deserving though

5. allastud

Regular

his worship album was the worst off all his musical projects by far

irthesteve and beachdude like this.
  6. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Easily the worst

7. irthesteve

Same goes for Aaron Gillespie's body of work as well. Sightly related, but felt like saying it.

Benjamin Lee and contra11mundum like this.
  8. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

god, those worship albums were especially rough. I do like the one solo record that was a mixture of reimagined Underoath and The Almost songs, a couple covers, and a few new originals though.

allastud likes this.
  9. irthesteve

Agreed, though it wasn't like... mindblowing, the non-religious solo stuff is certainly better

Benjamin Lee likes this.
  10. iiiii623498

Regular

I just got a shipping notice for the Cities livestream record!

Spazzy McGee and anonimito like this.
  11. contra11mundum

12. Michael Belt

metadata incarnate Supporter

13. contra11mundum

Oh buddy. Stoked for this one!

coleslawed, sonder, Gooddayz and 10 others like this.
  14. Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

There it is!!

15. Holy shit, I absolutely need to catch this one!

edit: Are their livestreams usually available for a little while afterwards? I just realized this will happen at like 2 AM which will make it difficult for me to be free.

beachdude and anonimito like this.
  16. contra11mundum

Yeah they’ve been available for like a week after.

beachdude, anonimito and Crisp X like this.
  17. ChampsMusic

Instagram.com/ChampsMusic

Easy purchase. Now hopefully my work computer doesn’t block video recording.

18. contra11mundum

Hope we get some news on the new album

19. Lucas27

Trusted

I can totally see them announcing a livestream and release of LP8 after they play Lowborn. If that ends up being the case, I’d be hard pressed to think of another band who has given more to their fans.

Like, even up to now, they’re my favorite band and I was crushed when they called it quits. But by the end of that year I felt like I’d been pampered so much as a fan that I was totally satisfied. And now they’re coming back with all of this. Man, I love these guys!

20. ChampsMusic

Instagram.com/ChampsMusic

Great point. They reunited and really went full throttle on the comeback. Covid halted a lot of things for them, but they sure made the best of it.

Lucas27, beachdude and smowashere like this.
  21. mmhmm

Trusted Prestigious

If they aren't considering this option, they need to hire a better marketing team lol. It's interesting to consider that Stephen let it slip they were doing a new album during the very first livestream and since then it's been completely silent. I'd bet they decided to this series as a lead-up to a new album shortly after that first livestream...fingers crossed, as always.

22. contra11mundum

Wild they’ve been back for over 2 years

23. Spazzy McGee

Regular

Would love to have the new record premiered at a livestream. It’s a no-brainer right? Right??

beachdude, Lucas27 and mmhmm like this.
  24. j0nnymarrzbar

Regular

Paper Tigers up on Spotify.

Some of the songs sound better than the actual recordings. Love Breaking and the added synths!

Spazzy McGee and BlackwingE like this.
  25. BlackwingE

Trusted

Damn, that album is so good. Very underrated.