Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Anberlin Band • Page 138

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by contra11mundum, Mar 12, 2016.

1. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

They just said they have cool plans for future livestreams, but they never said they were done with the album ones. So I don’t know. I doubt touring will return this year, so I’m guessing they plan on doing these throughout it. I really hope they stick with album ones first though because the next three are the ones I was most excited for.

2. mmhmm

Trusted Prestigious

Nothing against New Surrender but if they were willing to play through it and have all but admitted their experience with that album is their least favorite (making it, possibly, their least favorite Anberlin record?) I don't see why they wouldn't want to play through the next three. The comment about doing non-album shows was what confused me. What else you guys gonna play? Haha

I will say if at some point they have a new album recorded and ready to release this year and decide to debut the entire thing live...yes plz.

3. anonimito

Abelian Supporter

The more I think about it...they have merch and vinyl for each of these album streams, so I'm not sure why they would stop the "set" at New Surrender. It would just feel strange.

awakeohsleeper and mmhmm like this.
  4. Spazzy McGee

Regular

ooo didn’t consider this! That would be epic, wonder if they’d be the first to debut something new live

awakeohsleeper, anonimito and mmhmm like this.
  5. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

I had the same thought. Hoping he just meant after the albums maybe they would do b-sides or something

anonimito and mmhmm like this.
  6. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

In my mind they were gonna do the next 3, and then during the Lowborn one announce the new album. It just makes sense lol

7. iiiii623498

Regular

I’d have to go back and rewatch it, but my takeaway was that it wasn’t JUST full albums that they have planned. Christian even joked that they have to start writing a bunch of new albums so that they can continue with the album streams. I’d be highly surprised if they gave up doing them.

before they took the break due to Deon and Christian having their kids, they were putting out streams roughly once a month. Maybe they’re planning ahead?

mmhmm and anonimito like this.
  8. anonimito

Abelian Supporter

9. mescalineeyes

I wanna dance to me Prestigious

another horse? hm.

10. I would guess it's just the date for their next livestream, which would be Dark Is the Way, Light Is a Place.

11. mmhmm

Trusted Prestigious

I thought they were joking haha...maybe they weren't.

12. mescalineeyes

I wanna dance to me Prestigious

Thanks that’s exactly what I thought it was :)

mmhmm and anonimito like this.
  13. Spazzy McGee

Regular

Let’s goooooo

14. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Skip it!

15. Lucas27

Trusted

I think this would be the most Anberlin-y comeback ever if they do this.

anonimito, mmhmm and contra11mundum like this.
  16. mmhmm

Trusted Prestigious

Listening to Vital, and that's gonna be a really difficult one to pull off live I think. The vocal layering and guitar & drum effects are pretty complex. I bet they can do it but I suspect it'll require a lot of prep to do it justice.

17. Spazzy McGee

Regular

anonimito likes this.
  18. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Has each stream had a canvas like this one? a NTFP one would’ve been wonderful to have

19. Cmoney86

Trusted

Released today. From one of their live streams

20. mmhmm

Trusted Prestigious

I think Cities had one? But it's odd because canvases already exist from the Dark album days as part of a pre-order bundle...they had "Anberlin" lettering on the bottom, so these new ones are a bit different.

Edit: kind of interested in the duffle bag from the Dark livestream merch but there's no info about it so it's hard to tell what you're actually getting for $50.

Spazzy McGee and disambigujason like this.
  21. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

Excited to listen to Cities live. Missed the livestream, so it's cool they're doing this.

EDIT: dang, Stephen doesn't sound too great here. I know this is how he normally sounds during live performances and it works because he's such an energetic frontman, but it doesn't really work for me so far from a "listening only" perspective.

22. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

So I haven't been paying a ton of attention to these livestreams, but I noticed the audio for the first 3 are up on streaming sites. Have they been performing them pretty true to the album, or are they changing things up? trying to determine if it's worth me checking them out

23. mmhmm

Trusted Prestigious

Pretty true to the album. The audio of the streams you can listen to now are, I'm pretty sure, edited/polished up (esp Stephen's vocals lol), and the result is essentially a re-recording of the albums. But the livestreams are definitely live versions that don't stray far from the album versions much...

Unsolicited opinion: as these livestreams get into their later albums, they're getting more interesting/enjoyable. With all the love they show for NTFP/Cities live, their other amazing material is finally getting some much deserved attention. I'd jump in and check them out.

24. mmhmm

Trusted Prestigious

There are elements of this re-record of Cities I like more than the original album mix...sounds like the drums and bass have more room to breathe. I will always love the original Cities album but the mix on it has occasionally bothered me...hard to describe. Perhaps someone else can put words to what I'm describing better than I can.

Spazzy McGee and BlackwingE like this.
  25. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

I’m going to listen and see if I can see a difference

mmhmm likes this.