Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Anberlin Band • Page 135

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by contra11mundum, Mar 12, 2016.

1. Did anyone here happen to save a copy of the first livestream back in May? Until I read that NTFP is going to be their third livestream, I didn't even know it happened. I'd love to see it!

2. mmhmm

Trusted Prestigious

This confirms they don't have access to their original album cover art, hence the creative names for each release...hence the likelihood their albums won't be easily repressed on vinyl unless the rights are sold/transferred at some point.

Spazzy McGee likes this.
  3. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Not sure what you mean? This merch right here has album art on it: Anberlin Tear Us Apart Bundle #5 *PREORDER - SHIPS OCT 23

4. mmhmm

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah I'm referring to the entire specific album image. Looks like they're using alternates/outtakes, and pieces of the album art to create it.

That being said, it could just be artistic choice and my theory is all wrong too.

Spazzy McGee and RyanPm40 like this.
  5. Brodobaggins34

They fixed your brain when you were young.

Yeah, the band I'm in wrote and recorded 2 songs remotely during quarantine, so they could always be doing something like that. Or maybe just waiting for closer to the release date and trying to put most of the focus on these live streams.

6. AshlandATeam

Trusted

I think your first instinct is right. The Tooth and Nail contracts were extremely controlling, and the bands who left had very, very little that was ‘theirs.’ I can’t imagine Tooth and Nail would let them use the names/art at all.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  7. mmhmm

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, I also offer up the lack of album artwork used in the vinyl box set as further evidence of my theory. They did secure rights to include album poster flats of each in the second white box set tho.

AshlandATeam likes this.
  8. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

I thought they had a good relationship with T&N. They went back to them for lowborn.

Any issues with rights from that era are usually to do with EMI who owned everything T&N at that time (hence Emery currently re-recording I’m Only A Man so they can press it to vinyl).

bodkins, coleslawed and chhholly123 like this.
  9. AshlandATeam

Trusted

I’m sure their relationship was good (and I’ve heard Stephen say as much in the last couple years). But that doesn’t mean that the contracts from that era allow for things like what we’re talking about here. I mean, I don’t know that I’ve heard Emery say they had a bad relationship with the label, but they’re doing what they’re doing. I’m sure it’s just legal stuff everyone doesn’t want to mess with.

coleslawed likes this.
  10. Brodobaggins34

They fixed your brain when you were young.

From what I understand, I think EMI owns the majority of the vinyl rights, so I think it's a bit layered. I think EMI got the rights to vinyl when T&N was sold, and when it was bought back, the vinyl rights didn't come with it.. that's at least my understanding. So in order for T&N to re-release a vinyl, they need to get permission from EMI first.

11. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Seconded! Now that this wave of streams is upon us I wish I caught the first.

also, if the first was in May, and NTFP is 3rd, what was second? Was blueprints 2nd?

12. bodkins

Trusted

Yep, right on, part of the deal that allowed Brandon to go independent. EMI owns the masters to all the records up to that point (though for some reason I seem to remember Brandon retained 6 or so records, not sure if legit or just a weird memory). Any repressing vinyl or cd or otherwise would have to go through EMI.

Re-recording then like Emery or live Anberlin records circumvents that as they are new master recordings.

13. Yes, Blueprints was performed in mid-July.

disambigujason likes this.
  14. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

coleslawed likes this.
  15. Spazzy McGee

Regular

MP3 of We Are the Lost Ones sounds great, can’t wait for the next album to be mixed and mastered

anonimito likes this.
  16. contra11mundum

Anyone watch the Cities stream last night? I really enjoyed it. They’ve really outdone themselves with the stage production.

anonimito likes this.
  17. Evolution Kid

I may be going broke, but I'm never broken down. Prestigious

I enjoyed it as well. I've been liking how they've stepped up each one since The Attic.

Hopefully they'll continue doing these with the rest of the albums after the babies. Though if they're also working through a new album, I can imagine these not being picked up again. Here's hoping!

18. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Damn I didn't know they did a cities stream. Any way to replay?

19. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

Damn I wish I knew this.

20. contra11mundum

It will be available to watch for a week I believe!

Spazzy McGee, anonimito and RyanPm40 like this.
  21. allastud

Regular

The stream last night was so good. I was hoping for a New Surrender stream so a vinyl copy of that album would be available.

anonimito likes this.
  22. iiiii623498

Regular

Id be super bummed if they did the first three albums and then stopped. It’s so cool hearing the stories from each album and I’d like to hear the insight from the remaining ones

anonimito and Barcara like this.
  23. Barcara

Regular

Yeah I haven't tuned into any of these aside from the very first stream because I've got live versions of 2/3 albums, and I didn't feel the urge to catch Blueprints.

I will 100% be buying tickets for everything after. I'd love to see them all. 1000% if they took on Devotion in place of Vital.

anonimito likes this.
  24. Barcara

Regular

Here's a stupid meme I made for y'all

4flidq.jpg

25. Evolution Kid

I may be going broke, but I'm never broken down. Prestigious

It's at minimum available for 48 hours after. Maybe a week? You should be able to still buy a stream ticket while it's up and available to stream.

RyanPm40 likes this.