Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Anberlin Band • Page 125

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by contra11mundum, Mar 12, 2016.

1. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

Yes :) let's hope we get it again!!

beachdude and ChampsMusic like this.
  2. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

They played it in Boston, but I honestly didn’t think it translated all that well. I’ve always wanted a devotion/lowborn focused tour but some of the electronics paired with heavier guitar really drowns him out.

3. K0ta Jul 8, 2019
    (Last edited: Jul 8, 2019)
    K0ta

I really wanted to sit down and take a moment to think about the show on Saturday.

I've been to a ton of shows in my lifetime, but there was something in the air that night. There was so much emotion in that room. I had chills run through my body multiple times. I cried more than once. Everybody in the room was so present. Everybody screamed every word. At one point after a song, the crowd just roared and clapped for a few minutes straight. The band looked floored. I could tell this is an emotional tour for them. I know people made jokes about them coming back, but when I watched them on stage, when I heard what Stephen said, I could tell this was organic and real. Their family was there. Stephen said they hadn't seen each other in 4 or 5 years. That was very emotional for me to hear; a band that had spent 12 years together, a bond that strong, and they had gone their separate ways for that long. That's life, isn't it? So for them to come back together to do this, you know there was a lot of feelings for them.

In some ways I am scared these shows will be the last I ever see of them, just like that last tour. This feels BETTER than that. But in some ways, if it really, truly is the end - it's a better end than the last one. I might be able to live with it. Maybe.

Either way, I'm just glad I have 3 shows to go. I am not ready to say goodbye just yet.

4. ChampsMusic Jul 8, 2019
    (Last edited: Jul 10, 2019)
    ChampsMusic

Instagram.com/ChampsMusic

Got two (2) tickets for Anberlin at the Fillmore Silver Spring, MD and (1) ticket for Anberlin in Raleigh, NC.

Fiancé bought them for us before I did way back when this was announced. Looking for $50 for both. PayPal/Venmo/whatever. It’s $83 after fees on ticketmaster for 2, just looking to move them.

$28 for the single Raleigh ticket.

Open to offers as well. Just looking to make some money back. I’m desperate! Thanks!

5. K0ta

Philly tonight!!

Henry likes this.
  6. ChampsMusic

I’m desperate, friends.

Someone buy my two tickets for tomorrow 7/12 at Fillmore Silver Spring.

$45 for two! That’s the price of one!

7. K0ta

Put it on stubhub?

8. ChampsMusic

They are. Just would love to sell to someone here to avoid the fees over there.

K0ta likes this.
  9. ChampsMusic

Yep. Perfect night.
    Adelaide
    Other Side
    Self Starter

All after meeting them at VIP. Now seeing them again tomorrow night in NC.

10. brothemighty

Trusted

I don't wanna go now but I've got to for you to remember me

I'm back

11. Spazzy McGee

Regular

Tomorrow is my day!

12. ChampsMusic

Man, hopefully someone got a video of Resistance. I was on stage for 30 seconds screaming the lyrics.

13. Jusscali

Oh man that’s cool but I FUCKING HATED when they ruined Adelaide with some fan screwing up the melody the last chorus.

14. ChampsMusic

Wait are you taking about tonifght? They didn’t play it, I though.

15. Jusscali

No in Boston.

ChampsMusic likes this.
  16. Spazzy McGee

Regular

Loved the show, always wish for more but this was the best I’ve ever heard them. Stephen’s voice was amazing.

Also moshing? Not my favorite

Lucas27 likes this.
  17. Lucas27

Trusted

Oh man, it was so good seeing them again. Show contained no surprises which is exactly how it should be. I can’t believe I got to see them again.

I the Mighty was so good too. I’d never listened to them before but I’m getting on it now.

18. ChampsMusic

Oh damn I found the video hahah. It was during Dismantle:

@ 1:11

19. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

Saw the last show in Atlanta. Band was amazing, didn't really like the venue much though (Buckhead Theater). They played the standard setlist, and gave no indication of future plans. Stephen was great though, and gave major props to Atlanta. Told a fun story about doing a showcase for Tooth & Nail where they performed between Underoath and Norma Jean, and how funny that was for them. I hope they keep going in some way or form.

Lucas27 and Spazzy McGee like this.
  20. bodkins

Trusted

The new episode of Labeled podcast also went in depth regarding the showcase. Good interview.

He says that he’s not sure if Anberlin will tour again. Comes off more that there’s no concrete plans than him or others thinking it’s unlikely.

coleslawed likes this.
  21. josephcissell

Regular

I was also at the Atlanta show. As was mentioned, no surprises, but what a show. So glad I finally got to see these guys!

22. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

K0ta likes this.
  23. K0ta

contra11mundum and Henry like this.
  24. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I never knew you were that big an Offspring fan

contra11mundum and K0ta like this.
  25. K0ta

Neither did I

coleslawed and contra11mundum like this.