Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Anberlin Band • Page 122

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by contra11mundum, Mar 12, 2016.

1. mmhmm

Trusted Prestigious

Got some good news for you re: Lowborn live. No one has seen many Lowborn songs live. Pretty sure they've played maybe two songs from it ever live...and only at a few shows. So you havent missed much.

2. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

I know they played We Are Destroyer on some of the dates of the farewell tour and then they played Atonement at the last show of that tour.

I think that’s it from Lowborn.

I would love to see more from that album. I’m pretty excited for a NTFP/Cities heavy setlist though. Although I’d love more from Vital too.

3. mmhmm

Trusted Prestigious

Yep, good summary of the Lowborn live songs. I doubt we'll see many of them unless Anberlin decides to remain active playing shows and does some one-off dates where they stray from the normal setlist.

contra11mundum and beachdude like this.
  4. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

I really love some of those songs though...bummer

mmhmm, Lucas27 and beachdude like this.
  5. contra11mundum

For me, Anberlin has a great enough catalog that I’ll be bummed at the exclusion of songs from any album.

But also stoked for anything they choose to play.

awakeohsleeper and Lucas27 like this.
  6. Jusscali

I honestly be perfectly content if they played an entire set of the second latter of their discog as much as I love the old stuff I’ve heard it over and over

Owlex, beachdude and disambigujason like this.
  7. mmhmm

Trusted Prestigious

You know, I think they really should consider that...it'd need to be at shows in smaller venues because telling fans you mostly won't be playing songs from those two albums could be a more difficult sell.

I'd love to see them do something similar to what Alkaline Trio did for with their 8-album, four show thing. Two albums at each show over four nights. That kind of idea.

beachdude likes this.
  8. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

I’d also be totally down for this idea. Vital and Lowborn are both top-tier albums from this band for me.

9. Jusscali

Give me devotion in full and then an encore lol

10. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

MikeERayner likes this.
  11. contra11mundum

Also I wish that blue enamel pin wasn’t exclusive to Australia. I would love to have one.

12. Lucas27

Trusted

They played A Whisper & a Clamor at their farewell show in ATL. I am content with anything the band plays at this point. But it would indeed be great to hear some Lowborn.

13. MikeERayner

Trusted

I’d love to hear Atonement and Hearing Voices.

Jusscali and beachdude like this.
  14. Jusscali

Yeah, some of those break up songs were sad af

15. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

I am sad that they haven't announced any plans to get over to the UK. Genuinely thought they would since they are playing Australia!

16. MikeERayner

Trusted

We have a special place in their hearts ♥️

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  17. PaperthinHymn

U.S. tour starts tonight! Looking forward to seeing them real soon.

awakeohsleeper, K0ta and beachdude like this.
  18. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Seeing them Saturday!! Beyond excited

19. contra11mundum Jun 11, 2019
    (Last edited: Jun 11, 2019)
    contra11mundum

Uncanny came on shuffle and it dawned on me that it is low-key one of my favorite Anberlin songs.

20. Jusscali

Gimme dat set list

beachdude and mattylikesfilms like this.
  21. Matt Metzler

Space Cadet Prestigious

Sometimes I wonder what that song was actually supposed to be called. I was always pretty sure that “Uncanny” was an alternate title for “The Haunting” and there was some kind of mixup when they did the deluxe tracklist for that album.

contra11mundum likes this.
  22. contra11mundum

I remember hearing something about how that was the original title for The Haunting, and then they just changed the name of The Haunting and then just gave Uncanny to that one because they didn’t have a name.

The special edition mix up would definitely make sense though.

mmhmm, beachdude and Matt Metzler like this.
  23. BenSmith94

Trusted

Saw them in Perth during their Australian tour. Good to see them together again. Fun show, even though it wasn't a great one.

They had Ryan Mendez filling in on guitar and for a split second it looked like they were gonna cover Ocean Avenue. Would've probably jumped through the roof of the venue had they actually followed through on it.

24. mmhmm

Trusted Prestigious

What wasn't great about it?

beachdude likes this.
  25. BenSmith94

Trusted

Stephen's vocals didn't come through too well at the start of the show and the guitars didn't sound too distinct either. I thought both improved as the show went on. FWIW, I saw them at the same venue on their farewell tour and they had similar problems so maybe it was just a venue thing.

Having said that, Stephen fucking nailed Unwinding Cable Car. Sounded so so good.