Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Anberlin Band • Page 119

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by contra11mundum, Mar 12, 2016.

1. awakeohsleeper Apr 10, 2019
    (Last edited: Apr 10, 2019)
    awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

I have my fingers crossed (in a very Anberlin way) that this tour may just make it over to the UK. Please? :fingerscrossed:

Whilst this is certainly an interesting comparison, I think a lot of Stephen's recent interviews have mentioned his ministry jobs as positive and he still lists Calvary Church, Clearwater in his Twitter bio (plus he's still on their website). I can't remember exactly who (I feel like it might have been Toby from Emery) who was able to tour whilst working for a church. Aaron Stone from My Epic (who admittedly only do about one tour a year) works for a church too - think he just has an agreement to be able to do both. I think Chris from Underoath did this at some point too (perhaps pre-original break up). I may be completely wrong there. I guess if you communicate well and there's agreement from both sides, it can work. I'm sure we'll find out more about Stephen as this situation continues to unfold...!

Edit: he Tweeted this video yesterday!

A comment on his worship record: whilst it wasn't bad, per se, it does make me sad that these incredibly talented people could do something unique but choose to put something pretty standard out there (same went for Aaron Gillespie). Just always surprises me because I'm expecting something cutting edge and I get something very run of the mill. At least Stephen's voice meant his record stood out a bit more.
    Would love it but why oh why is Stephen still putting out misinformation in interviews?! (I posted the quotes from that most recent interview a few days ago). Stop messing us around. Just don't say anything if you want it to be a secret.

chhholly123 likes this.
  2. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

I thought that Stephen’s worship album was atrocious. Like, embarrassingly bad.

I liked Dustin’s though and I’m all in for a new Anberlin album!

lish, beachdude and awakeohsleeper like this.
  3. ChampsMusic

Instagram.com/ChampsMusic

Can finally get my Cities vinyl signed. Put it next to my Vital album. These guys mean so much to my girlfriend and I.

We flew to Tampa for both shows late last year and had such a blast making a trip out of it. Not even upset they announced more tour dates cause we’re gonna see them a couple more times.

K0ta likes this.
  4. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

I'm going through their whole discography and I have to say I like New Surrender much more now than I did when it was initially released. I dig the poppier sound.

I'm pretty excited to see the setlist that they put together for this.

5. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

Sitting in a parking lot waiting for the presale to start before driving to work whoops

beachdude and contra11mundum like this.
  6. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

Just kidding looks like there’s zero seats for Boston in the alt press presale. Unless they sold out that quick. Which... I don’t think happened

EDIT- I apparently got in before they released any tickets the first time. Just snagged a floor ticket yaaay!

beachdude and K0ta like this.
  7. contra11mundum

My friend that got the citi tickets said there were only 6 seats left in the back of the balcony when he ordered and I wondered the same thing

8. K0ta

omGGGGGGGGGG

Capture.PNG

9. Spazzy McGee

Regular

Hoping they sell out a lot of their dates, and they really kill it with this tour.
    Listened to so much Anberlin yesterday and with some time away, I can say they’ve had a huge impact on my life in retrospect.

K0ta likes this.
  10. K0ta

I definitely just impulse bought NC too, hoping to make it down there since I have family and friends. Will probably go to NY and then PA and then head down to MD that Friday and then end in NC. So stoked.

beachdude and awakeohsleeper like this.
  11. ChampsMusic

Tickets booked for MD and NC. Hopefully able to upgrade to VIP on Friday for MD.

Woooooo

12. PaperthinHymn

Tickets booked for NYC and Chicago. Fiancee is from Chicago and we're going to be there that weekend anyway. Can't wait for both!

K0ta likes this.
  13. K0ta

Do you know if they are offering upgrade packages for VIP for those already with tickets or is the VIP going to be a bundle that includes a ticket?

14. ChampsMusic

What I’m hoping for is they offer upgrades where you pay for VIP separately. I didn’t want to risk missing out on tickets so I just bought them.

If they dont, I’ll likely just buy VIP tickets and sell the other regular ones. Shouldn’t be hard to sell them for face value + fees. I’m assuming most of these shows will sell out.

K0ta likes this.
  15. K0ta

That makes sense, thanks!

16. AshlandATeam

Trusted

So I saw that video yesterday and chuckled, knowing what I’d written here. I’m really good at being wrong lol.

Whatever his job with the church, though, Stephen is allowed no less than 3 months off to tour during his first year of employ - that’s not close to full time position (and if he does the UK tour you want, or any other, that would be even higher). In fact, that’s probably more of a ‘be the face of stuff for all our campuses because you were famous and are good at that.’ And that’s probably why he took that job in Florida instead of sticking in NM - he anticipated doing band stuff, and they’d let him be super part time instead of any semblance of full time.

But yeah. I actually thought his solo work was much better than standard, but I also just have a soft spot for anything he does and can’t be objective. And we’ve been able to fold a few of those songs into our worship at my church. I actually think it’s a notch above other worship stuff out there, though admittedly I’m not real plugged in to that world at this point of my life.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  17. contra11mundum

I was randomly watching Emery’s twitch channel just now and they started talking about the Anberlin reunion, and Matt mentioned in passing that they made a deal with Live Nation to accept
    a lump sum for doing 50 shows. He didn’t seem speculative, he just said it as fact.

Which means there are roughly 20 more shows that haven’t been announced yet.

18. atlas

Trusted

if Emery wanted to open for these shows I wouldn't be mad

19. DesolateEarth

Birb

As excited as I am I have a family vacation the week before the show here and I'm seeing JEW and Third Eye Blind 3 days after. I dont think I can swing this :(

20. j0nnymarrzbar

Regular

The big thing to me is that they're all happy to be around each other's and be friends again. When i saw them in 2013, after the show they looked like they didn't want to be in each other's company/were very distant and something seemed really off. Kinda bummed me out to see them like that, so i'm stoked they're over that bridge.

beachdude, sonder and Davjs like this.
  21. azzy01

Regular

This makes me wonder what's up with acceptance.

beachdude and anonimito like this.
  22. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

Probably sitting on another album waiting to release it after Anberlin is done doing this tour. That’s if Anberlin doesn’t become full time again.

beachdude and sonder like this.
  23. atlas

Trusted

Chances are probably nil but I hope they bust out this underrated banger on the tour

24. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

I wish I shared your optimism... honestly wouldn’t be shocked if they were just quietly done again :/

I hope I’m wrong though

azzy01 likes this.
  25. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

I just want to hear what they were working on in the studio.

beachdude, iiiii623498 and anonimito like this.