Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Anberlin Band • Page 116

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by contra11mundum, Mar 12, 2016.

1. DesolateEarth

Birb

I'm sure the America announcement is coming soon now. Hell yes!

anonimito, K0ta and beachdude like this.
  2. ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

Then hopefully UK/euro dates :fingerscrossed:

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  3. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

So weird to say performing songs from two albums and career spanning fan favs.

4. MikeERayner

Trusted

PUMPED! This is going to rule.

5. MikeERayner

Trusted

Like, it's just a standard Anberlin show isn't it? =/

6. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

Wow it’s happening

7. PaperthinHymn

The day has finally arrived. Bring on the US dates.

8. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

[​IMG]

9. cyclones_37

I built this vessel and it could capsize anytime Supporter

Ohhh I'm excited, please come near me! Only saw them once right after Blueprints came out

10. contra11mundum

Stephen tweeted the crossed fingers emoji a few hours ago.

I bet they announce the US tour on or before Friday.

I can’t believe I’m gonna see Anberlin again. I legitimately never thought that would happen again.

11. oldboot

Regular

Is it weird that I'm only like, kind of excited for this? Anberlin was one of my favorite bands but I really liked how things ended in a way. It felt like a fitting end with a positive legacy. Not a huge fan of the hinting at things and jerking around a fan base that you told relatively recently that you'd never perform again, ever, period.

Matt Metzler and awakeohsleeper like this.
  12. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

I will always take more music/performances from a band I like. Don't really care what they said in the first place, because I'm jaded enough to never believe it in the first place.

13. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

I thought they ended well so was initially skeptical about it, but with every additional show announcement, the more excited I become. I missed the final UK tour as I was on holiday that week. The fact that they may well announce another UK tour and I could see them again would be amazing.

The potential of new music is tantalising too.

But yes, I think the hinting and the mystery is a bit cheap in this situation, particularly when they were so clear they would never come back. Just give clear boundaries and guidelines and let's all move on and allow them to get on with it.

oldboot, Matt Metzler and sonder like this.
  14. ChampsMusic

Instagram.com/ChampsMusic

I feel the same way about them ending. It was a perfect send off, close the book ending. Full world tour to say goodbye after a new album.

That being said, the excitement for their return outweighs that in my mind. I welcome them back and hope it’s for more than just a tour schedule of 2019. Hoping they don’t burn out and have nice plans for these coming years.

15. contra11mundum

I feel all the feelings being reflected in this thread.

I will also 100% attend the tour and probably cry.

[​IMG]

16. Lucas27

Trusted

It’s been long enough to where I can reflect on that perfect send off and get excited about a reunion. For a band as active as Anberlin was, that really was a farewell. If they’d pulled a Switchfoot and come back the next year that would’ve been another thing, but I think I’m ready for them to go back on their word after five years.

beachdude and contra11mundum like this.
  17. Chickenmcbringinits

i like food

I don't follow Switchfoot closely so I had no idea they even had a hiatus. I just wikipedia'ed it and saw that in Dec '17 they announced the hiatus, and in Oct '18 they announced their new album. Not even a year lmao wow

beachdude and Lucas27 like this.
  18. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

The final show was November 2014. They returned at the end of 2018. Four years - didn't seem that long at all to me!
    For me, a hiatus leaves the door open for a return. That being said, I have no idea why Switchfoot even announced that. They basically just had a few months off in between albums and then wrote a new album. Hilarious.

Chickenmcbringinits likes this.
  19. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

IDGAF about touring. I want another album!

Linton9488, SpyKi and beachdude like this.
  20. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

A bit more clarity.

The band isn't back together - it's not that kind of reunion apparently:

There won't be new music at this stage:

Source:

sonder, Davjs, K0ta and 3 others like this.
  21. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

not fully on topic but the band supporting them in Melbourne, Elora Danan, are a fucking fantastic Australian band who got back together for this after, I believe, around 10 years of no activity

I'm sure most Anberlin fans would dig tunes like this

22. Chickenmcbringinits

i like food

Interesting. I'm honestly fine with no new music if they continue to play live here and there. They have such a great catalog of music that it's not even needed. And even if they do end up making new stuff down the road, that's a bonus. I remember not thinking we'd ever see a new Descendents record and then they released one in '16, their first since like '04. So anything's possible! I just hope the tour the states a bit.

23. K0ta

I appreciate their honesty and getting out there to play all the old favorites. And I don't need new music, just a US tour. :fingerscrossed:

24. NitrateDawn

Regular

The question is, do any of us believe anything they say anymore?

25. K0ta

If they put out new music why would I be mad though?

They're one of my favorite bands of all time, I have an Anberlin tattoo, they've been a fixture through many dark places in my life. I don't think any of this is for money, they just want to get out there and play a little. (And even if it's also about money I mean...it is a job after all.) And if it turns into something more, I believe that would be an organic thing. Why would I be upset about it?

I'd be more upset that only Australia gets them lol.