Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Anberlin Band • Page 111

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by contra11mundum, Mar 12, 2016.

1. DesolateEarth

Birb

You guys are selling me on Falling Up. I'll have to check out their music!

beachdude and Gooddayz like this.
  2. Matt Metzler

Space Cadet Prestigious

I imagine that must've been frustrating, especially the Linkin Park thing, but I have a hard time feeling sympathy for them re: which stage they were placed on during that tour. As you said, bands like ETID and Bayside and Saves the Day were on the same stage as they were... that's pretty darn good company. Sure, Anberlin in their prime had more radio success than any of those bands, but I feel like Warped knew that Anberlin was not going to be a massive draw for the average Warped Tour attendee that year, final tour or not. They weren't a hot commodity at that point in their career. Also, one of the dates that I attended that year, those bands did play in an amphitheater... so I dunno.

It sucks if their place on the tour was misrepresented to them/their management, but being on Warped right before their main final tour started allowed them to play to a ton of their fans and reach just about everyone who wanted to see them in the US. I got to see them three times that year, which I loved, and which I wouldn't have managed to do if they hadn't been on Warped, so I'm glad they were.

3. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

Same tbh for sure. I just clearly remember talking to them and it being...palpable on that day, and probably was through a lot of the tour. IDK i feel like bands just being on the main stage pull a lot more people than other stages because a lot of attendees just go back and forth between those 2 main stages all day. I think they also said something about the point of being on Warped was, obviously, to reach the greatest number of people possible so that everyone got to see them before their break. So I think it was very much about their perception of it too.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  4. ChampsMusic

Instagram.com/ChampsMusic

Anyone know of any acoustic covers of Other Side? Our favorite song and want to possibly use it for a first dance scenario but figured an acoustic rendition would work best. Might have to see what Stephen's going rate for solo performances would be....

5. RyanPm40 Nov 18, 2018
    (Last edited: Nov 18, 2018)
    RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Started listening to Cities again yesterday.

God damn, (*Fin) is seriously perfect. It has aged so well since I grabbed it in 8th grade.

I remember going to FYE and buying this album and Welcome The Night by The Ataris at the same time so I could listen in the car on the way to a vacation up north, playing the song on repeat in this bad boy lol:

[​IMG]

6. Matt Metzler

Space Cadet Prestigious

7. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

vital one is TEMPTING. man all these defunct(ish) bands printing black friday merch has got me STRESSED

latortuga likes this.
  8. RyanPm40

Want that Cities shirt. I just have way too many tshirts as is, though lol

9. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

Man. Those are nice.

10. DesolateEarth

Birb

Love the cities one. So tempting.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  11. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

I genuinely only like the Lowborn one.

12. disambigujason Nov 24, 2018
    (Last edited: Nov 25, 2018)
    disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

The NTFP one is actually kinda disappointing, using the flowers would’ve been better. Vital one might be my favorite but the lowborn’s colors are nice.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  13. atlas

Trusted

Ugh I'd get one but I hate the shirts they're printed on

14. RyanPm40

What don't you like about them? Have you ordered from them in the past and just weren't happy with the material?

15. atlas

Trusted

If they’re on Canvas shirts as it says in the product bio, the neck hole is always too big for my liking despite the shirt being a relatively tight fit

RyanPm40 likes this.
  16. Davjs

Trusted

I feel stupid haha. I never realized Dark album cover was a horse on it's side until looking at that shirt. Went back and looked at my album and now I can't see anything but that. How did I never notice that?

17. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

I try to forget that album exists so I never knew either lol

I like the cities and lowborn ones. Hated the numbers on them though. You right about those shirts though.

Davjs likes this.
  18. I thought it was a hand print when i first saw it

beachdude and Davjs like this.
  19. Davjs

Trusted

Same haha!

20. Lucas27

Trusted

Dark is a great album. Why you gotta keep making me so sad @Jusscali?

21. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

We all have our roles to play lol

Lucas27 likes this.
  22. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

DITW deserves its place in their discog even if only for how great the artwork is. One of my all time favorites.

coleslawed, Owlex, beachdude and 2 others like this.
  23. Davjs

Trusted

;-)

24. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

25. Davjs

Trusted