Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Anberlin Teasing Box-Set?

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 29, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. failinginplace

Regular

DO. IT. NOW.

3. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

I remember they brought this up right after the break up. Stoked it's finally being released.

4. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Hope this isn't like, an outrageous amount of money, but I'm glad this is happening.

fenway89 likes this.
  5. Matt Metzler

Space Cadet Prestigious

All right! I was starting to think this wasn't going to happen.

6. CMilliken

Trusted

Take my money!!

7. billcom6

I need this.

8. blogbacktome

I have ever album on Vinyl except for Cities, which is dang expensive. The other ones were pretty pricey but I think if it's a reasonable price, I'd get this set and set the ones I already have. Last time I looked for Cities vinyl around the breakup, it was several hundreds of dollars.

fenway89 likes this.
  9. bobsheiskawy

is it the same for you? Prestigious

insta-buy. i'm still in the market for a copy of new surrender on vinyl, if anyone here has any leads.

10. Connor

we're all a bunch of weirdos on a quest to belong Prestigious

Is this only gonna be a box set or do you think you can buy any seperately?

11. Bryan Diem

Trusted

It's not high-priority for me, but yeah, a pressing of NS would be great. Love that album.

12. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

Yaaaaas

13. failinginplace

Regular

I'm hoping both, though i'll buy a giant special edition box set if they have it. i only have lowborn on vinyl and want.them.allllll.

fenway89 likes this.
  14. Bryan Diem

Trusted

What's the consensus on how Lowborn is holding up? I've stayed pretty sour on it, but others I know are standing by it pretty steadfastly.

15. bobsheiskawy

i think it's fine. definitely not one of my favorite anberlin records, but i don't think it's bad. i don't listen to it much, but i spun it a few weeks back and didn't have a bad time.

16. failinginplace

Regular

I have an anberlin spotify playlist I made that I've been listening to a lot today and I feel like the lowborn songs hold up well and I'm enjoying them a lot. I think I fought some of anberlin's evolution when Dark/Light came out because it just seemed so different from New Surrender (which I hold dear), but as I grew as a person and began appreciating it, as well as Vital and then Lowborn, I've really come to like them all lot. With Lowborn, Hearing Voices is probably my favorite song on the album. We Are Destroyer I totally forgot was on it because it can fit into a lot of other anberlin albums. Dissenter is just a raging quick jam that I love because of how different it is.

I was a huge Tooth & Nail fan in the mid/late 90s with MxPx, Plankeye, Fanmail, Starflyer 59 etc but fell away from a lot of it towards the end of highschool and early college. At some point in college I went through some sort of musical renaissance and latched onto Anberlin, Copeland, Mae, Waking Ashland, Jimmy Eat World, Taking Back Sunday, Yellowcard, Further Seems Forever, Senses Fail, Matchbook Romance and so on, and those albums, especially the Never Take Friendship Personal, Cities, New Surrender era, nothing will ever replace what those albums meant to me at that time in my life. Once I was able to reconcile the fact that nothing will top those albums in my heart, it was then that I realized the ones that followed didn't have to, and I could enjoy them for what they were- just more great music from a band that I love and respect immensely. I know that's a lot of information about me that no one asked for, but I feel like a lot of people probably share a reflection of this in their own lives, which prompts me to encourage you to just toss those later anberlin albums on in the background or while you're driving and just enjoy them, and try to not compare them to what came before. Hell, in my mind if you can even find only one song that you really really like, that's a success as that's one more song to love the band for. :)

PS - total side note, I saw the T&N SXSW showcase back in 05 and it was something ridiculous, featuring Waking Ashland, Mae, mewithoutYou, and Anberlin. I about lost my damn mind it was so good (and fully lost it when I went down the street and saw Copeland play and sell In Motion a few days before it hit the market).

Bryan Diem likes this.
  17. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

I thought lowborn was fantastic and was pretty flabbergasted at the response to it, it had everything any fan could want in my opinion, short of being a cities remake. I've surprised myself in not having gone back to it too much, but I think it holds up and has a more timeless feel than some of their others.

fenway89 and AshlandATeam like this.
  18. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

Lowborn is great.

fenway89 likes this.
  19. AshlandATeam

Trusted

Lowborn is neck and neck with NTFP and Cities at the top of the heap for me. These guys are a top 6 or 8 band for me, and their discography is essentially perfect. And I think Lowborn is near or at the top.

js977 likes this.
  20. bobsheiskawy

i hope this means i'll be able to have a 12" copy of vital. the 10" one is beautiful, but it's not as easy to listen to and it doesn't match the rest of my anberlin records.

21. NewSurrender

Regular Prestigious

New Surrender is great

bobsheiskawy likes this.
  22. kidinthebushes

Trusted

23. Readyfuels

tottenham til they kill me

I think the price point is super reasonable. 7 albums for $165?

I didn't hesitate at all.

reid likes this.
  24. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

Yeah that's a perfectly reasonable price. Still not sure if I can swing it though. Is there a payment plan plz???

25. kidinthebushes

Trusted

I caved and bought it the bundle with a shirt. That didn't take long. Free shipping is cool.