Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Anberlin and The Early November Announce Tour

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 28, 2021.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Derek Jones

jonesderek76

Gonna hit up the St. Pete date for this. Crossing my fingers Acceptance is the unannounced band, but I doubt that is the case.

thechetearly likes this.
  3. kidblink

Regular Supporter

no philly :tear:

j0hnnyrt likes this.
  4. sammyboy516

Trusted Prestigious

Didn’t Anberlin break up like 5 years ago and specifically say they would not come back and start touring again only a few years after they called it quits? I think about that every time there’s news about them lol

5. WasEmoRocknowImjustold

Not newbie, I think Supporter

I think this applies to almost every single band in that 2000-2008 range.

6. mrenkens007

Surprise, Surprise Prestigious

"The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong at the broken places." - Ernest Hemingway.

lol I watched Croupier last night so the quote was fresh on my mind.

7. Matt Metzler

Space Cadet Prestigious

Yep. One of them even said at the time that the 5 members of the band may never be in the same room together again after their final show in 2014. To be clear I love the band and am really stoked to hear the new music that they’ve been working on, but the quick turnaround from “we’ll never be in the same room again” to “come see us on tour” has made me feel a little sour, especially when they also throw in an occasional “we don’t know when or if we’ll do this again” even just within the past few years. I really hope they are moving in the direction of just playing the shows without having to make the grand declarations.

realdeathwolf likes this.
  8. Joey Macasero

Yeah I totally know what you mean. So much work went into their breakup, including playing their last tours and doing their last album and so much of myself went into appreciating the last few moments of the band that when I moved on, I moved on. This sourness of bands coming back has honestly made me stay away from their livestream because it doesn’t have the same value as them breaking up.

9. atlas

Trusted

Y'all need to go outside and stop being so serious. Personally I think it's very good when Anberlin, a band I have loved for years, plays music. That's a W for me

10. WasEmoRocknowImjustold

Not newbie, I think Supporter

I agree. Except it's too hot outside so I will stay inside.

11. AAstra

Probably coming on 9/16 between Pittsburgh and NJ. Fingers crossed…

kidblink likes this.
  12. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

Every band has been on hiatus for the past 1.5 years, so I’m expecting less break-ups from the current generation!

13. brothemighty

Trusted

I DON'T WANNA GO NOW

BUT I'VE GOT TO

FOR YOU TO REMEMBER MEEEEEEEEEEE