Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Anberlin – “Two Graves”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 6, 2021.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Anberlin has premiered the studio version of “Two Graves,” their first new song in seven years.

more

Not all embedded content is displayed here. You can view the original to see embedded videos, tweets, etc.

anonimito likes this.
  2. nopattern

Not digging this at all. Between the effect on the vocals and drums in the verse it's just a wall of sound.

3. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

I completely agree. the vocals are just completely muffled. without lyrics on the screen, I wouldn't be able to understand 80% of the words.

4. nopattern

Reminded me of Dissenter on Lowborn which was completely inaudible

thechetearly likes this.
  5. 333 GANG

ACAB

This was wholly unmemorable for me

6. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

I love it

Analog Drummer and anonimito like this.
  7. Bayside 182

Wolverine Supporter

Was hoping to like this but I agree that the vocals don't work for me. Musically I like the production but it sounds almost like the main vocals for part of the song aren't in the forefront and the music overpowers them but I guess they intended it to be that way.

8. prattsy

Regular

Agree with the hate the mix is getting. It's so crackled and the clip of the snare in the verses doesn't make things easier to hear.

9. I really disagree with most people here, this song is fantastic and has so much energy. I think heavy Anberlin is the best version of the band (Cities, Vital) so I hope this is indicative of an upcoming record! Stephen's voice sounds great.

10. Buscemi knows best

You owe me a Sausage McMuffin

I hate the mix on this so much. That damn snare effect.

prattsy likes this.
  11. daldalian

hopelessly yours, Alabama

Honestly, I dig this vibe a lot. They lost me on the last few records but I could definitely dig into some new heavier Anberlin.

failinginplace likes this.
  12. brandon

Regular Prestigious

Guys, Anberlin just released their first song in 7 years!! Who gives a shit if the snare sounds not great

13. failinginplace

Regular

i've been jamming this the past few weeks, i freaking love this song and cannot wait to see it played live tomorrow night. they said they have five songs completed for an eventual record, and another five in various stages of completion. i'm super excited for this.

14. thechetearly

Regular

I'm hoping the mix can be attributed to just YouTube's audio quality. I don't have any issues with the snare or vocal mix as others mentioned, but I do find it a bit too treble-ly. Hoping the final version has a lot more bottom end, but all in all, I think it's a great song. And I agree - heavy Anberlin = wonderful Anberlin.

15. failinginplace

Regular

They played this live last night. It kills at a show. So freaking good.

16. kyleadams

formerly thisisalchemy Prestigious

My gripe with this song is solely due to Tim McTague producing it. To me, all I can hear are sonic and structural comparisons to the new Underoath songs.

Otherwise, I think the song is a solid banger and great for replay.

failinginplace likes this.
  17. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

Seeing them in Pittsburgh tomorrow night.

First show since 2019.

Stoked.

anonimito and bobsheiskawy like this.