Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Anarbor Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Smittzerland, May 24, 2016.

1. Smittzerland

First time long time (FKA musicfan9795) Prestigious

These guys are putting out a new record sometime this year. Revisited their first record recently, and it still holds up to me.

2. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

I have a soft spot for 18.

3. ale5875

Regular

Man, do I like this band. I honestly think Burnout was their best, but the debut is pretty tight too. I'm glad to see they are reuniting; I think they could have got more recognition for Burnout.

4. Heard a bunch of songs from this a few weeks back. Much stronger than their old material IMO, really hooky pop tunes. Not a lot of edge but I think it suits them better.

5. Awksome

Regular

Band's awesome, don't really understand why it's so underrated.

6. trevorshmevor Jun 16, 2016
    (Last edited: Jun 17, 2016)
    New Facebook profile and cover photo. Looks like shit's starting to roll out.

Edit: Single released

Awksome likes this.
  7. Smittzerland

First time long time (FKA musicfan9795) Prestigious

Single sounds solid. Excited for this.

8. Preorders are up now. Vinyl is limited to 100 copies so I'd get on it if that's your thing!

Home

9. marsvoltamcr

Trusted

Anyone else listen to the new album? I didn't realize it's been out for a few weeks already. I'm liking it!

10. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

No shit? I will listen to it tomorrow!

11. marsvoltamcr

Trusted

Yeah, I found it on Spotify tonight while looking for their older music. It's been on there since July 29th. I just gave it one listen. Not bad at all. I'll listen again after work tomorrow.

JRGComedy likes this.
  12. ale5875

Regular

I really like it. Quite different from their previous stuff, but the great songwriting is still there. Can't Help It, Already Dead and If You Sing are my favourite tracks. It's a more "serious" record compared with the other 2, I'd say?

marsvoltamcr likes this.
  13. Crawl

I'm not sure if I should bother with the new one. I liked their first EP and the debut, but Burnout was pretty dull. And from the two songs I've heard of this, it sounds too sugary/poppy for my tastes, kinda like All Time Low or something.

14. ale5875

Regular

I liked Burnout more than their first record to be honest, but I would still give their new album a shot. The singles are nowhere near the best tracks on it, and while it might be a lot poppier than their previous stuff, it's also extremely catchy and overall enjoyable.

15. Crawl

Gave it a listen, but didn't dig it unfortunately. I thought it was nice though, when the chorus of You and I echoed at the end of one of the songs.

16. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Really enjoying this new album. Probably my favorite thing they’ve done since The Words You Don’t Swallow honestly. Not sure whos even in the band anymore but this is working for me

trevorshmevor likes this.