Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

An Update on Bandcamp’s ACLU Fundraising

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Feb 6, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Bandcamp has posted an update on their Friday fundraising for the ACLU:

With several hours remaining, we estimate that fans will have bought just over $1,000,000 worth of music today, which is 550% more than a normal Friday (already our biggest sales day of the week). All of our share of that (~12%) goes directly to the ACLU. The other 88% (less transaction fees) goes directly to the labels and artists, more than 400 of whom have pledged to donate their share of sales today as well.

2. carlosonthedrums

Cooler than a polar bear's toenails Prestigious

This is absolutely beautiful. Every small thing that entertainers do to stand up to the goblin goof troop goes a long way.

3. Take that, neo-nazis. This is incredible.

4. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

Long live BANDCAMP!

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  5. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

It was cool to receive so many emails from favourite artists of mine advocating for this cause and donating their profits. In hindsight I should have bought a few albums this weekend, but the ones I wanted I've been saving up to buy on vinyl (I should have done it anyway though)

6. So fucking cool. Our label (Flowerpot Records) was one of many that was donating 100% of their profits for the day, and I couldn't be happier about that.