Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

An Oral History of The Wire’s 5-Minute “Fuck” Scene

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Feb 14, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Vulture have an excerpt from the upcoming book, All the Pieces Matter: The Inside Story of The Wire, about how the infamous “fuck” scene from the fourth episode came about:

He explained the whole scene to us. He said, “Now you guys are going to do that whole thing, but they’re going to be on me about the profanity and language that we use.” So, I said, “Let’s just come out the box with it.” He said, “You’re going to do that whole scene, but the only word you can say is ‘fuck.’” I said, “What?”

It’s an incredible scene from one of my favorite shows of all time. I’m looking forward to this book.

2. seimagery

instagram.com/thekissingglow/

The Wire is amazing! I didn't know this book was a thing, but I'm definitely interested.

3. slickdtc

Regular Supporter

Preordered it a month ago for cheap, arrived yesterday.

It’s great. Totally recommend.

Best show ever. I’ve never rewatched a series all the way through, but I rewatch The Wire at least once a year.

4. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

fuck

TedSchmosby likes this.
  5. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Currently reading the book

6. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

i tried soooo hard to get into this show but i got bored. i'm determined to try again but there's so many seasons!

7. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I didn't get into it for a while either. It took a long time and multiple tries for me at least to sort of wait for everything to connect towards the end of season 1. Most of season 1 wasn't holding my interest. But then suddenly it all clicked right at the end of season 1 and I suddenly loved it idek

Arry likes this.
  8. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

yeah i just gotta commit and not look at my phone while watching. i had to do the same for GoT, but it's just so overwhelming!

9. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

It's definitely not a show you can have on in the background, but if you can stick around til season 3 you'll get hooked.