Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

An American Pickle (Brandon Trost, August 6, 2020) (HBO Max) Movie • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Serh, Jul 1, 2020.

1. It was clear Ooty was kidding imo but I’m not gonna not like a bunch of posts about how bad Sausage Party is

Anyway the description of this movie sounded kinda dumb, but the trailer really surprised me. Looks unexpectedly heartwarming

2. I’m gonna try to watch this tonight. Looks interesting.

3. soggytime

Trusted

I liked it!

4. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

Observe and Report is incredible wtf. No other movie so accurately depicts that kind of suburban larper

5. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

This felt a bit all over the place and didn’t go how I expected to it at parts. Enjoyable but not as fun as I’d hoped

6. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

edgelord paul blart

7. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

i just love anything based in the pittsburgh area lol

imthesheriff likes this.
  8. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

This was okay. One of the joys of Seth Rogen is that he has chemistry with just about everyone, and his movies have such great casts, but this was so insular and he spends most of his time with himself, so it’s not as engaging as even his average stuff. Couple solid laughs though.

RyanPm40, Contender and imthesheriff like this.
  9. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

The only thing I remember about Observe and Report is that it was on Quentin Tarantino’s top 10 end of the year best films list

bradsonemanband likes this.
  10. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Yeah this was fine. I did laugh a few times and enjoyed noticing pittsburgh.

11. Henry

Moderator Moderator

"fine" is a perfect way to describe this

12. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

phaynes12 likes this.
  13. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

this was decent with a handful of really big laughs

jkauf likes this.
  14. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

A couple laughs but yeah, only okay.

15. mad

I was right. Prestigious

this was so silly

16. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

this was average at best. kinda like most seth rogan projects. sorry if this is a hot take?!

17. OotyPa

fall away

Am I crazy here? I enjoyed pretty much everything about this. As a fellow Jew, I found it to be full of love and pride. I found the Mourners Kaddish scene honestly very profound and never felt distracted that Seth rogan played two parts. Maybe it’s just me and I realize it’s supposed to be just a comedy but I was surprised that for such a Jewish movie (and such strong themes of honoring the dead/facing your grief), it made no mention of the Holocaust, which occurred while Herschel was pickling. But it didn’t really detract from my enjoyment of this weird lil movie

18. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

enjoyable movie but "fine" is certainly the best descriptor.

I think the pacing was absolutely terrible though, basically glazed over him "waking up" from the pickle-world, then the two leads got in their fight only 30 minutes into the movie so you immediately lose Seth's amazing chemistry with himself. A lot parts of the film felt like they either went by too quick, or lasted too long

mad, riotspray and imthesheriff like this.
  19. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

yeah, i agree with whoever it was that said this was at once too long and not long enough

imthesheriff likes this.
  20. delvec19

Trusted

No Neighbors 2 or The Interview? lol

21. vidiviciveni

Trusted

This was a pretty lame movie, and I didn't expect much

If we're ranking Seth Rogen movies/performances, how has no one mentioned Steve Jobs? Rogen was excellent

Apparently I'm one of the few that thought Long Shot was great

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.