Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Amnesia Rockfest 2016 Festival • Page 2

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Mar 31, 2016.

1. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

[​IMG]

This years official venue layout was posted.

I'll ask again, doubt anyone saw it. Any idea how long it take to walk from Stage A to C, from A to D, etc?

2. Taco-King

Taco Enthusiast

It actually wasn't that bad of a walk. A few minutes. All depends on how close to the stage you are of course. But I will say the stage walks were a lot easier here compared to when I went to Riot Fest.

3. deededtheman

A B & C you can hear from each other B to C is maybe a 2 minute walk. C to D/E is maybe a 5 if that. Its not very spread out really

4. redwing91007

Thanks guys, this is great news. The only serious overlap I have is ADTR and STYG by 5 minutes. I guess I'll only end up missing like 2 songs or something.

5. Taco-King

Taco Enthusiast

Taco-King is pleased to help

redwing91007 likes this.
  6. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Are there any underground emo bands on this that I should check out?

7. SkyGrowsBigger

Regular

There really aren't any "emo" acts on this bill, mostly punk, metal, hardcore, post-hardcore. That being said, The Dirty Nil are one of the lesser known bands and put out one of the better noisey-punk rock records of the year so far. Definitely worth a look. I can see them having a similar trajectory to PUP, another local Toronto band.

redwing91007 likes this.
  8. marsvoltamcr

Trusted

The Dirty Nil kicked ass at Warped last year. I recommend them to anybody.

9. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I figured just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing out on any!

10. redwing91007

The are are at 11:55 though and one of the first bands of the day. If you plan on catching them you'll have to get in line pretty early. I'm hoping I'm in in time but the rest of my group couldn't care less about them and I have a feeling I'll miss out.

11. kidinthebushes

Trusted

12. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

anyone make any playlists for this tour for spotify or apple music? if so do you want to share? I am going to start mine today..lots of stuff to put on here

13. deededtheman

14. redwing91007 Jun 21, 2016
    (Last edited: Jun 21, 2016)
    redwing91007

I did and it's posted earlier in the thread, I'll go grab the links again soon if you still want. Made it just for the bands I want to see, one for each day.

EDIT: Voila

teebs41 likes this.
  15. kidinthebushes

Trusted

We've been working hard and spending lots of money in the past year to sort out immigration issues of several bands to get them into Canada. It's worked with everyone so far. Unfortunately, members of Born of Osiris weren't able to get some paperwork on time, so they won't get their clearance to come to Canada in time for the fest. The good news is that the process will continue and we will keep working with the band in hopes to get everything sorted for Rockfest 2017.

16. redwing91007

We have lost Born of Osiris and At The Drive In already. I have a feeling at least 1 or 2 other bands won't make it through the border, such a bummer. Any word on potential last minute replacements?

17. SkyGrowsBigger

Regular

Doubtful, Rockfest was responding to similar posts asking for replacements and they said something along the lines of "we're doing everything we can to fill the slots but given the timing, replacements seem unlikely"

18. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

they should offer the spot to bands already there.. Like I would love to see underoath play two sets haha

19. SkyGrowsBigger

Regular

Doubt they would ever give a band two sets but I don't know why they can't move bands around a bit to reduce conflicts. Like having Stick To Your Guns play on the Jagermeister stage in ADTI's slot so ADTR fans can see both bands.

teebs41 likes this.
  20. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

That would be nice as well.

21. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Anyone on here vip camping?

22. redwing91007

This would be SO ideal, it's my only serious conflict right now.

teebs41 likes this.
  23. redwing91007

Looks like the parking is sold out and our driver didn't end up buying the pass yet. Does anyone have info on the shuttle buses? What they have on the Rockfest website is useless in terms of bus schedules.

24. redwing91007

25. deededtheman

Just got back this evening. Such a good weekend.

teebs41 likes this.