Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Amnesia Rockfest 2016 Festival

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Mar 31, 2016.

1. kidinthebushes Mar 31, 2016
    (Last edited: Oct 19, 2016)
    kidinthebushes

Trusted

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

This is a month away, who else is going?

3. SkyGrowsBigger

Regular

I'll be going with a group of friends for the third year in a row. Definitely the best weekend of the summer for me personally, always worth the drive from Toronto.

4. redwing91007

Awesome! It's my first time going actually, never worked out before. Any tips?

5. deededtheman

2nd time going, so stoked! My advice is if your camping, bring a tarp to cover your stuff in case it rains, haha, I had to learn the hard way. Also try to be at the gate at least a half hour before the band you want to see starts it does take a little bit to get through the gates. Besides that it's pretty smoothly run.

6. kidinthebushes

Trusted

I don't think I could ever camp out at a festival. I need to take a shower and sleep in a bed each night.

7. SkyGrowsBigger

Regular

Not sure if you've already bought a place at the campsite but I'd actually recommend seeing if there are any locals posting their lawns for rent as the GA campsite is pretty far from the venue (can take 15-20 mins if you're at the back of the site). You can also find better perks at these sites as they usually have a private washroom facility, use of a BBQ, etc. Also you can park right at the site typically, as opposed to walking to your campsite from the drop-off point (also could be 10 mins away).

I'd agree with the above statement to come to the gate early. 30 mins is required only at the beginning of the day, its not too bad once everything opens up. Bring clothes you don't care about, it can get messy out there. Also take advantage of the re-entry! Always nice to sit down and have a couple drinks at your campsite if there's a gap in your schedule.

I'm sure more will come to me but PM me if there's anything specific.

8. redwing91007

Thanks for the recommendations guys! As of not I'm not planning on camping on site. I might rent out a place on Air Bnb not too far or just make the drive back home at night. I only live about an hour and a half away so it's not the end of the world. I figured about the 30 minute wait time, pretty standard festival fair.

Would be super cool if we had a Chorus meet up out there!

9. SkyGrowsBigger

Regular

Full schedule will be released today at 6pm!

10. redwing91007

Super excited for this. I'll finally be able to plan my day out and create some Spotify playlists to get pumped. I'll be sure to share them in here once they are made!

Who is everyone most excited for? I actually have a TON of "Must Sees" but I've seen the majority of them at least once before.

Must see:
    Blink 182
    Rise Against
    Bring Me The Horizon
    Billy Talent
    A Day to Remember
    At The Drive In (Never seen live)
    Sum 41 (Never seen live)
    Underoath
    Against Me!
    Misfits (Never seen live)
    Silverstein
    Hawthorne Heights
    Miss May I
    Comeback Kid
    Stick To Your Guns
    Stray From The Path
    The Dirty Nil (Never seen live)

Want to see:
    Puscifer (Never seen live)
    The Used (Never seen live)
    Dead Kennedys
    Travis Barker - Solo Set
    Despised Icon (Never seen live)
    Poison the Well (Never seen live)
    The Acacia Strain
    Expire
    Obey the Brave
    Dead Tired

Will see to fill time:
    Jane's Addiction (Never seen live)
    Ice Cube (Never seen live)
    Limp Bizkit (Never seen live)
    Lamb of God
    Twisted sister (Never seen live)
    NOFX
    Anthrax
    Strung Out (Never seen live)
    Streetlight Manifesto
    Unearth (Never seen live)
    Born of Osiris (Never seen live)

11. Taco-King

Taco Enthusiast

Limp Bizkit get a lot of hate, but man they can put on one hell of a show.

12. redwing91007

I liked them when I was like 12 or so, it would be a cool nostalgia band to see. that coupled with everything I've heard about their live show. There's just so much I'd rather see on this bill though.

13. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Can't wait for this!

redwing91007 likes this.
  14. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

I was planning on making the trip out to this, but the group with which I was going (my friend's college friends) all bailed, so now it's not going to happen. I went last year and had the time of my life. I hope that everyone who goes this year has a hell of a time. I'll be sitting on my couch in Los Angeles planning out who I would see if I were able to go.

15. kidinthebushes

Trusted

I wouldn't leave the main stage on Friday. The Used, Sum 41, Billy Talent, KORN, and blink.

16. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Misfits and Expire both canceled.

17. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Underoath and nofx are too close going to b tuff

18. marsvoltamcr

Trusted

The Used and Hawthorne Heights overlapping is pretty lame

19. kidinthebushes

Trusted

And Silverstein playing so early is lame too.

20. kidinthebushes

Trusted

21. kidinthebushes

Trusted

I think it's funny how low on the bill Misfits are. Riot Fest books them with Glenn and Jerry and they're headlining!

22. SkyGrowsBigger

Regular

Yeah I thought the same thing. Danzig and Doyle played a couple years ago and they were on one of the side stages. Crazy the difference a bassist and the right branding can make

23. redwing91007

Took me like an hour but I made my Friday playlist, link below. Also came up with a tentative schedule, also below.

In reading through the festival info I noticed a few things that will be a first for me. First of all, you're not allowed to bring in a backpack...huh. Where am I supposed to keep water, sunscreen, merch, etc? Also a few bands I want to see either have a small overlap or are directly one after another on different stages. How far spread are the stage/how long does it take to get from one end to the other? Can anyone who has been enlighten me.

Anyways, as promised:

Friday

11:55 The dirty nil

1:10 comeback kid

2:15 Against Me!

3:20 Hawthorne Heights

3:45 The Used

4:30 Silverstein

5:15 NOFX/break?

6:00 Underoath

6:45 Sum 41

7:30 Twister Sister/break?

8:15 Billy Talent

9:00 Puscifer

10:00 Korn/break?

11:00 Janes addiction/blink spots

12:00 Blink 182

Saturday

12:30 Unearth

1:00 Streetlight Manifesto

1:30 Obey The Brave

2:45 Acacia Strain

3:55 Stray From The Path

5:05 Dead Tired

6:45 ADTR

7:25 STYG

8:00 MMI

8:30 LoG

9:00 Ice Cube/break?

10:00 Limp Bizkit

11:00 BMTH

12:00 Rise Against

24. kidinthebushes

Trusted

I do really like how this is only two days. The extra day just kicks my ass.

25. redwing91007

And the Saturday playlist