Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

American Vandal (Netflix) TV Show • Page 6

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by OhTheWater, Sep 18, 2017.

1. manoverboard365

Trusted

Just finished up Season 2. The first season was much more laugh out loud funny, but damn did this season's story really pull me in. There were a few points where they would make a joke and I would be confused for a second because I forgot I wasn't watching a real documentary.

Kingjohn_654, RyanPm40 and riotspray like this.
  2. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

I fucking lost it when they got sent the link for the truth.

riotspray likes this.
  3. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

"It's like, if you wanna get with DeMarcus, you gotta get with his friend... It's some real Spice Girl shit, man."

4. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Damn, I really was really hooked into this season. The last episode is so sad

5. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

DeMarcus and Kevin were really nuanced, interesting characters. Loved both of them as our Dylan replacement

RyanPm40 likes this.
  6. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

"Do you care to defend the $3 surcharge on this ATM? Didn't think so."

There are so many great throwaway lines like this.

Zach likes this.
  7. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

My buddy got me into this last night and I binged the first season. Holy shit this show is hilarious. Even just the opening credits with the shot of Dylan giving the longest exhale of smoke kills me every time

This whole season was like a single conceptual episode of Community mixed with some Workaholics-type humor and I love it lol

8. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

“it was like niagra falls going through a straw” god damn i missed this show

9. EarthShifts

Trusted

I loved the first season so much, but was a little hesitant about the 2nd season. I binged it this weekend though and I loved it. I thought it had some hilarious moments. Kevin and Demarcus were such great characters, and having Peter and Sam back was great. The ending caught me off guard in the best way possible too. It had a ton of heart and more meaning than I ever would have expected.

I think one of my favorite subtle moments is when Kevin eats a pizza roll and it’s too hot to chew. That killed me.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  10. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I keep tryin' to tell people... Outside of the United States, that's how dicks be lookin'.

11. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

It felt good twice but it doesn't feel good anymore.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  12. RyanPm40

I loved Demarcus's texts about squilliam lol. Great season. It's crazy how a show with such a silly premise can be so gripping.

13. Zach

Trusted Supporter

Uncultured

14. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

That second season was NUTS. After the first couple eps, I could not stop watching. I felt like it was definitely less focused than S1 but the story tried to touch on a whole bushel of issues, and kind of nailed all of them. It was less a single character study than S1 but had a lot more characters and possible suspects, and ended with an insane ( and very dark/sad/upsetting) twist. Incredible, underrated show.

15. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

Also it is nuts that netflix put out this and new bojack on the same day wtf

16. The characters and suspects were kinda what pushed this season above S1 for me. Like imo Kevin was just as good as Dylan AND we got a lot of other much stronger, more present secondary personalities.

RyanPm40, Zach and Davjs like this.
  17. Zach

Trusted Supporter

Supporting cast was definitely much stronger this season

RyanPm40 and trevorshmevor like this.
  18. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

Definitely, and S1 really felt like they dragged the idea out as far as they possibly could and then some, but this one seemed like they had enough material (too much?) to just keep it spinning forever. I didn't really see the final twist coming, although early on I had said that I bet there were multiple people. That's about as close as I (or imo anyone) could get.

RyanPm40, trevorshmevor and Davjs like this.
  19. Yes! I also loved how the whole “leech” plot with Lou wound up being completely true even though it turned out he had nothing to do with the actual crimes. That was the best red herring of the entire series to me

20. RyanPm40

I love how they treat this show as completely real, mentioning that it's on Netflix and with the two student's names in the opening credits as the creators

21. RyanPm40 Sep 25, 2018
    (Last edited: Sep 25, 2018)
    RyanPm40

I think one reason I found S1 so much more laugh-out-loud funny was simply because me and my friends WERE those shitheads in middle school who drew dicks on everything.

Textbooks, assignment notebooks, each other's homework when we're not looking, the class white board.. you name it. I don't know how we didn't get in trouble for that shit back then.

...the worst was in 8th grade when my friend was trying to get some (much deserved) payback on the other two of us and he grabbed some poor girl's notebook thinking it was one of ours and carved one into the cover. To this day we all feel awful about that one, what a bunch of dumbass kids we were.

22. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Yeah I just straight up think the dick drawings were a funnier concept, but this is still hilarious so far.

Signifire and RyanPm40 like this.
  23. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

whoa hot janitor is actually hella chill :crylaugh: :crylaugh:

RyanPm40 likes this.
  24. RyanPm40

I half expected to hear Peter later mention that he was later arrested since they outed him as a shroom dealer lol

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  25. RyanPm40

I read an interesting theory on reddit. What if the next season involves a falling out of sorts between Sam and Peter?

They got into a lot of disagreements this season, and not only that, but Peter indirectly *caused* "the dump" to happen by going against Sam's suggestion to go to the police.