Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

American Vandal (Netflix) TV Show • Page 5

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by OhTheWater, Sep 18, 2017.

1. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

Yeah Tatro was born for his role in season 1

2. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

It’s hard to top Dylan but the guy playing Kevin is giving and completely different but extremely compelling performance

coleslawed, Davjs and trevorshmevor like this.
  3. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

This isn't as funny as season 1, but it's just as, if not more, compelling IMO. It actually feels kind of dark at times, especially with Kevin's conversations with Brooke at the end

RyanPm40 and Signifire like this.
  4. Signifire

Headphones blaring three stacks Prestigious

“What the fuck is a turd burglar?”

Davjs and trevorshmevor like this.
  5. zsoty27

"I am the patron saint of lost causes"

The second season had a little different tone than the first, but I think they still did a really great job with it. Really curious what season 3 could/will look like.

ECV likes this.
  6. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

The last 2 episodes are really good. I enjoyed this more than S1, even if it isn’t as laugh out loud funny.

Ming was my favorite part of S1 and was sad to not see him show up, but my SO pointed out that he was in the fake opening credits as an editor or something so that is canon.

Myles being rude was probably the hardest I’ve laughed this season. That was so random.

7. Wharf Rat Sep 15, 2018
    (Last edited: Sep 15, 2018)
    Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

Didn't enjoy this as much as S1, which was a true 10/10 perfect season of TV, but it was really solid. I think the show lost something without Peter and Sam's personal connection to the subjects of their doc, but like I said, still really good.

the ending was great

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  8. Zach Sep 15, 2018
    (Last edited: Sep 15, 2018)
    Zach

Trusted Supporter

Moved him around like a rapey priest made me laugh pretty damn hard

“Do you care to explain the $3 surcharge on this ATM? ....didn’t think so”

9. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

S1 was funnier but S2 was better to me. Shit got heavy at the end

coleslawed likes this.
  10. y2jayjk

Trusted Prestigious

Loved S1 starting S2 now!

11. Zach

Trusted Supporter

I had a feeling it was the culprit out of nowhere about midway through a specific episode. Can’t explain it, but I thought he did it to get back at the school for expelling him over the twitter stuff. Wrong motive, but I felt like Sherlock Holmes when I was right.
    Season One was funnier, but I think this one was better. The actor for Kevin is very good. I agree that this season’s themes were heavier and that the end was darker

RyanPm40 likes this.
  12. Dodge725

Trusted

I appreciated that S2 had a great message at the end that felt really earned. It hooks people in with the mystery and poop jokes, but really provides a great final note that I think will resonate with a lot of people especially with high school students.

13. Loving the second season. Two more to go.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  14. zmtr

Trusted

I had never heard of this until a friend told me about it yesterday. I wasn’t prepared for how good season 1 was. Excited to knock the second season out this week. Jimmy Tatro was born for this role

15. Zach

Trusted Supporter

100 percent

16. loudasallgetout Sep 16, 2018
    (Last edited: Sep 16, 2018)
    loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

Oh man this was good. So many little funny lines.

Poop is funny.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  17. This was a perfect sequel. Love how everything shook out at the end, and I gotta disagree with the rest of the thread and say that I thought this was way funnier than season 1. Like I’d say that character for character, the humor was much more well spread out.

I feel like Kevin, as a character, is what would happen if a nerdy high school kid watched Cruel Intentions and decided he wanted to be the dude in that movie haha

18. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Really great season, might have liked it more than season 1. They really stuck the landing.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  19. Finished S2. Great stuff. Love how this show manages to balance dick & poop humor with poignant commentary.

Davjs and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  20. flask

Trusted Supporter

Poop in a Kurt Vonnegut piñata is the funniest thing to me.

21. I thought this season was great and Demarcus and Kevin’s performances really made up for the loss of Dylan. I give the first season the edge in terms of deep the plot went, but this season had some really great themes and insights.

Davjs, Wharf Rat and Zach like this.
  22. chris

Trusted Supporter

this season was great, DeMarcus is the best

23. PepsiOne

Formerly PepsiOne Supporter

Once Kevin pronounced “Horchata” like he did I wasn’t worried about not having Dylan anymore

24. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

This show is so good. I wasn't sure what to expect out of a second season but they've knocked it out of the park.

Davjs, Mr. Serotonin and riotspray like this.
  25. Davjs

Trusted

Loved both seasons a lot. This show is so meta, but at the same is so well done and has really compelling stories and characters. If the quality keeps up, I'd be down for having a lot more seasons to come.

RyanPm40 and Mr. Serotonin like this.