Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

American Vandal (Netflix) TV Show • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by OhTheWater, Sep 18, 2017.

1. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Did not expect a renewal. I'm SUPER happy about that. Like I said in the Netflix thread, this may be my favorite new show of 2017.

2. Mindhunter for me, but yeah this was great and I'm very interested to see how this story develops. I actually really liked how it ended and didn't expect a second installment at all.

It'd be cool if they took the Fargo/AHS approach and just did an entirely different story IMO

3. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I still need to watch Mindhunter.

I agree, they should do a new story all together like Fargo/AHS

4. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

I don't know why I slept on this. I'm over here hollering at this. This true crime parody shit is my thing.

"I'll never understand what is so amusing about penises."

"Either way, I'm gonna have to jerk off myself."

5. This was so much better than I ever anticipated. Genuinely compelling and several laugh-out-loud moments. I spit water during the last episode when Dylan threw Tremboli's pizza on the ground.

"Whoops...I guess it was today."

6. Signifire

Headphones blaring three stacks Prestigious

Yeah, he really got him back there. Hundred percent.

7. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

3 episodes in. This is killing it for me and is nailing the style.

Kingjohn_654 and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  8. Sal Paradise

Trusted

Ended up binging the entire season this weekend, which is something I never do. I think my favorite part was anything to do with the "flawless" Kiefer Sutherland impression.

9. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

starting this now, hell yeah

10. primavera

“nana’s china is in the pool” lmao

11. primavera

love ming. him shouting “fuck the police” at the party killed me

12. primavera

cast the actor who played dylan as gronk in the pats biopic

13. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Cast him in anything

14. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Haha my friend said that guy acts the exact same way and has the same demeanor in real life :crylaugh:

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  15. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Yeah but he knows exactly what he’s doing

Check this story he told about Jack Black

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  16. Signifire Dec 9, 2017
    (Last edited: Dec 9, 2017)
    Signifire

“I was gonna graduate high school, go to Boulder with Mackenzie in the fall, get my degree in, like, engineering or some shit and then move up north, work at a snowboard shop. I mean, at this point you know, best case scenario is me and Mackenzie do long-distance. But, I mean, that basically just means I have to jerk myself off... every night. I mean, honestly, she’d probably just break up with me. So I would still have to jerk myself off every night. Either way I’m gonna have to jerk off myself.”

Adding this to my favorite quotes lmao fuck

17. LJ Rime

Regular

Binged this when it was released. Was super invested in the mystery, surprisingly. One of the best shows of the year.

18. Signifire

Lmaoo I just noticed that after Sam investigates Peter, whenever it shows the “Morning Show 9” suspect list, for Peter Maldonado’s motive it says: “Creating a story. Loves cock.” :crylaugh:

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  19. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

I binged this and just finished, and honestly feel like an idiot because I was like "sooo we don't know who did it?!?!" and after reading through the thread it was like oh yeah duh it was pretty implied who did it hahah
    curious how this will be a season 2 though

Kingjohn_654 and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  20. Dave Diddy

Grief is only love that’s got no place to go Supporter

I don't know why but one of my favorite things from this was Dylan getting detention for "faking diabetes". Shit cracked me up.

21. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Finally watched the entire thing today and holy shit, this really was incredible. Absolutely brilliantly written (I was so invested, I didn't expect to watch the entire thing today but I couldn't stop) and hilarious, and the cast is perfect too.

Something I haven't seen mentioned much in this thread as how actually accurate the show is to high school in modern times. I'm probably closer to my high school years than a lot of people on this site (graduated in '14) but there were so many small details that this show nailed that I've never seen done onscreen before.

So happy this lived up to the hype for me, and super bummed I waited so long to watch it lol

22. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

What in particular? Just curious.

23. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

The biggest thing is probably the usage of social media. Pretty much every time I've seen portrayals of teens using social media it's always way unrealistic and over the top but they absolutely nailed how people use Snapchat, Twitter, Instagram, etc. Didn't overdo it all

The fact that they didn't go with cliche cliques and had everyone kind of be cool with everyone was also super similar to my high school experience. The portrayal of the teachers was spot-on too, the gym coach reminded me so much of the one from my school, and I felt like I literally had the teacher that hated Dylan (don't remember her name). Same with the young guy who desperately tried to make the kids think he was cool

Even tiny stuff like the kids hating the teacher who confiscated phones and tried to keep them for a whole semester. I heard people call that illegal like they do in the show so many times (and I still feel like it probably should be, right?). This was also the first time I've ever seen a high school show mention kids having vape pens, which is huge right now

24. Dave Diddy

Grief is only love that’s got no place to go Supporter

[​IMG]

25. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

Think my favorite part of this show was the endless shade thrown at poor Pat Mickelwait.