Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

American Ultra (Nourizadeh, 2015)

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by stayillogical, Nov 27, 2016.

1. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

Okay, so there's no old thread to bump for obvious reasons so I had to make one.

I just watched this for the first time and I was ready to turn it off after 20 minutes, but I let it play while doing some work and somehow really enjoyed it. I don't find myself often wanting to rewatch a movie right away, but I almost want to with this. Was this a sleeper hit last year, no pun intended? It should have been.

2. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Think there was a really mixed reception for this, I really loved it though. Just a fun movie!

3. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

4. jkauf likes this.
  5. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Watched it for the first time this weekend, have mixed feelings towards it. Overall, I enjoyed it though.

6. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

It's so absurd. It reminds me of Burn After Reading. And Pineapple Express. And Bourne Identity. The more I think about it, the more I love it.

7. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

For sure. Kind of reminds me of Operation: Endgame, which is an awesome movie. If you like Americans Ultra, you'll love O:E.

8. Davjs

Trusted

Movie is a ton of fun and the only reason I can see to hate on it is if you take it too seriously. Eric Foreman had some really funny moments and the kills were cool.

9. Watched this on a whim way earlier this year and it sat right about where my expectations had it sitting haha. Didn't hate it but also didn't really like it much either. As it ended I was just kinda like "oh, that happened". Hah