Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

American Pleasure Club - Fucking Bliss (March 29, 2019) • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by ItsAndrew, Jan 31, 2019.

1. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

I hope they tour again for this album, they were solid when I saw them last year.

2. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

they were great on the Thursday tour, that indie punk element really comes out live

3. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

i dug their last album a lot. I then dug some of the last teen suicide record. thats basically it

EmmanuelSCastle likes this.
  4. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

im gonna make sure at least one of the mini playlists i make caters to you, watch

5. TriangularDuck Apr 1, 2019
    (Last edited: Apr 1, 2019)
    TriangularDuck

Regular Supporter

Not gonna happen, Sam tweeted a few weeks ago that he'll never play anything live off this album except maybe the closer in a stripped down form, man tweets a lot so I can't find the tweet again lol

Edit: found it

ItsAndrew likes this.
  6. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

"Ban This Book" gives me David Lynch vibes

More specifically Season 3 Episode 8 of Twin Peaks

matthaber and EmmanuelSCastle like this.
  7. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

someone else had already done an intro post for their back catalog and it's p much what i had in mind for mine so shrug. They were a little kinder in writing up Bad Vibes Forever than I would've been too. it only covers his three main projects through the years (TS, Ricky Eat Acid, Julia Brown) but it stops before their "It's the Big Celebration, Let's Stir the Honeypot" era stuff and doesn't cover the myriad other side projects so lmk if anyone still wants that stuff. Starry Cat is especially worth checking out among his side projects, it's like an aborted Julia Brown record

aliens exist likes this.
  8. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

also this album still scares me sometimes which is still really cool to me

9. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

10. flask

Trusted Supporter

Just saw that on twitter. So good.

11. ItsAndrew May 28, 2019
    (Last edited: May 28, 2019)
    ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Can’t link all the tweets but he says a lot more. Damn Sam kind of went off on this person.

12. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

you mean in a negative way? bc Sam almost literally only speaks in tweet threads so I think he's just talking not dragging, fwiw

13. flask

Trusted Supporter

"went off" lmao

14. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Fair enough, I didn’t mean literally went off, just had a strong answer. However, there is nothing wrong with that. I was a bit off in saying he went off.

EmmanuelSCastle likes this.
  15. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

there were a lot of interesting things hidden in there though. like saying that trying on a bunch of different hats and aping a bunch of other bands was crucial to them but I've always felt like they came out with a pretty strong songwriting voice. and hearing everything that went into living proof is wild but makes sense cause that's one of their best songs

16. In case you weren't aware... they changed their name back to Teen Suicide. Fucking meathead clowns.

OhTheWater and mescalineeyes like this.
  17. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

I don’t understand. Sam made a whole post back when they changed the name about how he understands Teen Suicide was a problematic name and people had been asking them to change the name for years, so he understood then, and now he does this? Alright Sam, whatever floats your boat I guess...

18. mescalineeyes

just admit that I'm the fantasy Prestigious

it sounded like the label was pressuring them to change it and now they changed it back.

American Pleasure Club was a way better name anyway. I disapprove of this change.

Carrow likes this.
  19. I think they've signed to a new label. I wouldn't put it past Run For Cover to approve the change (they specifically said their label was allowing it) but from recent posts I think they've signed to Pretty Wavvy, which is Kitty/Kitty Pryde's new label venture. She's Sam's wife and is fact now a member of the band, who are once again going by this shitty name. Just fucking awful behaviour.

20. mescalineeyes

wife lol

21. Saddest part of all this is they will be welcomed back with open arms under this shitty new-old name. It's so fucked.

22. mescalineeyes

anything specific they/he did wrong except for the name?

23. If there is I can't recall, (I haven't kept up with these guys) I'm just baffled why you'd name your band Teen Suicide in 2019

24. mescalineeyes

gonna wager it had something to do with the fact that no one gave a fuck about their last album - as in no name recognition

Carrow likes this.
  25. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Edgelords gonna edgelord