Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

American Pleasure Club - A Whole Fucking Lifetime Of This (February 16, 2018) Album • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by brandon_260, Jan 9, 2018.

1. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

Contender likes this.
  2. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

what are your other two?

3. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Idk I've been falling off recently. I really like the SUPERTEEN record. And Jeff, of course, but I haven't played too much of that recently. Pianos Become the Teeth too

nfdv2 likes this.
  4. incognitojones

Look at this guy Supporter

This and Camp Cope are probably my top two so far, but Hop Along has like vegas odds to top my list by year end

5. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

You guys should check out the Anna McClellan album if you haven't.

LWS and OhTheWater like this.
  6. This is probably my second favorite of the year so far after Porches.

7. incognitojones

That might be my third, but I've only played it once, and there's a big gap

brandon_260 likes this.
  8. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

after Cecil it might be Lucy dacus at this point

9. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

this album brings me back to 2014/2015

10. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

like it alot

11. TheBaroness

a burst and I'm awake now Supporter

Keep not returning to this, unfortunately

Putting together a top 10 this year is already impossible, I can’t even imagine how much harder it’s (hopefully) going to be in 3-4 months’ time haha

12. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

Does sycamore sample honest by infinity crush or am I going crazy?

edit: it's def that song, :heart:

13. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

sry to spam thread but I love this a whole lot and have no interest in anything else rn

honestly Sam is prob the most consistently innovative and interesting songwriter from this past decade (at least from this niche or whatever) and no one wants to admit it because he has a thorny persona to go with it

this album captures my 2015-2017, internet shut in late nights, getting high, hanging out in garages, ending up at strange house parties/shows, fleeting moments of emotional vulnerability

sophos34 likes this.
  14. OotyPa

fall away

I think "most innovative and interesting songwriter from the past decade" is a huge reach even within this genre, but this record is pretty unique and addictive--definitely sam's best yet. I've been listening to "there was a time when i needed it" everyday for the last week or so.

15. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

nah teen suicide is the best band since the rolling stones

16. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

i don't think it's that much a stretch if only because Sam is pretty well versed in genre conventions and knows how to break and stretch those limitations in interesting ways. i think that whole scene of bands are great songwriters, but sam/ts/jb/apc made a habit of making the music he/they like much more prolifically, and in a much louder way (ie burning bridges left and right, seemingly for fun/keeping himself honest), so at the very least his stuff is consistently my favorite in that lane (though it's close). even the earliest teen suicide stuff, which is p straight forward in comparison to when they reformed, is like hyper aware of genre conventions and almost effortlessly produces great song after great song.

all that being said, i don't think this is my (sole) favorite release from them, because I really enjoyed the last LP, but obvi this is still fresh as hell

nfdv2 likes this.
  17. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

also like at the risk of getting shit on bedroom pop and by consequence DIY indie would never have taken shape in the way it did if not for the college park scene/Sam specifically

18. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

This still rules

Nick likes this.
  19. incognitojones

Got the vinyl at their show, it’s sick, I gotta dig in more

20. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

what did they play, do you remember?

21. incognitojones

Bunch of stuff from different albums, a lot of the older stuff I don’t know as well. Played New Years, but no Desert.

EmmanuelSCastle likes this.
  22. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

I just need this is heaven and I'll be satisfied tbh

23. incognitojones

Uhhh I think they played it? No promises

EmmanuelSCastle likes this.
  24. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

im going home next week for a few days and seeing this band at chain reaction v stoked

25. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

sad they didn't play this is Heaven 2nite but oh well

also is this srsly their last tour ever?? :'(